Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bloomingdale Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2014, 10:27 PM
    Lump in vagina after slight intercourse.
    I had sex a week ago..
    Post that day I have this lump in my vagina.
    I urinate frequently.And also there is slight spotting.
    I find these symptoms of pregnancy.But the test shows negative.
    Please help me figure out if these symptoms are of pregnancy or it can be due to this lump.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 16, 2014, 01:41 AM
    You can not test for pregnancy a week after sex. You will need to wait till at least, you miss the next period. And often you will have to wait till you are two week late.

While it is possible, most women have no signs what so ever after only one week.

Jul 16, 2014, 05:03 AM
    Will Blood test show the accurate result if I am pregnant or not at this stage...
    I am seeing some bleeding now... This has never happened before. Post my periods..
    Can you help me figure out why is this happening.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2014, 05:10 AM
    A Lump in the vagina isn't a pregnancy symptom. Urinating frequently isn't either... (though its common in the third trimester because of the bladder being compressed, but not in the first two),

And as was mentioned.. its going to be a while before you can even test for it...

A blood test isn't going to get a result either this soon.....you need to be two weeks late for your next period before you test..... your period isn't even due yet much less late. How soon is your period due? Could it be starting now? Spotting does happen for every woman from time to time. Some have it happen more often than others will.

Jul 16, 2014, 05:40 AM
    My last period started on 4th July.. so I believe the nxt would be around 1st of August..
    Never before I had faced any problem of bleeding after my periods..
    I was wondering if this was because of the vaginal dryness during intercourse..
    But will the dryness during intercourse result ion bleeding after a week of intercourse?
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2014, 06:11 AM
    Dryness durinng intercourse can very well result in minor bleeding if no extra lubrication is used. The skin tissue there is very delicate and can be abraded very easily, resulting in minor bleeding.

Jul 16, 2014, 06:33 AM
    But it started all of sudden after a week... It was not bleeding the entire week.. Will it be any problem in future?
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2014, 06:49 AM
    Ok... I misunderstood then. You should have noticed it much sooner than a week later. If it was that it should have stopped before then.

Personally... I don't see any reason to even think it will be a problem in the future. But I don't know exactly what you are referring to when you say that. Dryness happens to many women from time to time. It can be caused by a number of reasons... or even simply by not being stimulated enough before intercourse.

It might be a good topic to discuss with your gynecologist on your next visit.

Jul 16, 2014, 07:33 AM
    Thank you for your answers.

Do you think I can be preganant?
    Or is this bleeding due to lump in the vagina?
    I'v been reading few blogs and found that there is some bleeding after few weeks called implantation bleeding.
    Can this bleeding be implantation bleeding?
    Is there any way I can find out if I am pregnant?
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2014, 07:57 AM
    How you will find out if you are pregnant would be by testing. Anything else is inconclusive, and unreliable. Many of the so-called symptoms are from people with no medical training that want to associate anything and everything they feel to a pregnancy... which many times are symptoms of other things completely unrelated. I discount things not concluded from the results of a proper supervised study that includes a control group.

WHen you are two weeks late for your next period... you would take a home pregnancy test. Right after you wake up, the first time you pee that morning... and you only read the results during the time frame the test gives in its instructions... what is indicated hours later would be inconclusive.

A few women will test negative through their first trimester... but tests taken before you are 2 weeks late... most often will result in a negative... irrespective if you really are or not. SO its important to wait.

A doctor can administer a blood based pregnancy test... its more sensitive, and more reliable... but I think its still too soon for that as well.

Yes its stressful having to wait... but if you wait long enough you will get a reliable answer... rather than a negative result that might not be accurate by doing it too soon, then finding out otherwise later.

As a note... a few women might get a positive result fairly early... but their numbers are far outweighted by the greater numbers that get false negatives at the same point in time.

Jul 16, 2014, 11:27 AM
    Thanks a ton for help.
    Any chances of the bleeding being implantation bleeding.

I understand I have to wait.just checking the possibility.
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2014, 11:50 AM
    Some medical professionals believe there is no such thing as implantation bleeding, some do... same with the rest of us, some do, some don't..

I tend to believe in waiting until you can get a test result. Saves the stress and disappointments that result from looking at unreliable symptoms for an answer.

I feel there is enough of that already for most people...why look to add to it.

Jul 17, 2014, 12:37 AM
    Hi Smoothy.
    I had my first day of period on 4th July.
    It lasted till 8th.
    We had intercourse on 8th and 9th.
    According to the ovulation calender my fertile time is between 14th to 22nd July.
    Most fertile (ovulate) being 18th July.
    Is there a posiibility that this is implantation bleeding?
    My understanding in calculations of ovulation is not good.
    Please help.
    Can this be bleeding be due to hymen break?
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2014, 03:27 AM
    Were you keeping a Basal Temperature chart? Did you have medical tests to establish what day of your cycle you ovulate? If not that chart might not be accurate. All women do not ovulate at the same point in their cycle.

If that was the first time you had sex... its possible it was due to a hymen break. Not all virgins have intact hymens however.

Jul 18, 2014, 12:54 AM
    The bleeding has stopped now.. If this is implantation bleeding can I take the home pregnancy test now?Will it show any accurate results?
    Immediatly the next day after my period ended is it possible that I get preganant?
    And to be frank it was not total insertion..It was not inside me..I don't know how far its possible to get pregnant with such less insertion..
    I can't wait to get the pregnancy test..
    But the symptoms are more inclined towards pregnancy..like bleeding one after a week intercourse..slight back pain..
    Should I take pregnancy test now?its been 10days now..
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2014, 05:16 AM
    If you care about getting a real result, one that means anything, you HAVE to wait until you are two weeks late. Otherwise you will almost certainly get a negative test result that really means nothing.

Both the Urine and blood pregnancy tests look for a specific hormone, that increases in concentration the further into the pregnancy... test too soon and the levels are too low to detect and you end up with a negative test result that's wrong.

THats yhy you have to wait until you are at least two weeks late. By that time most pregnant women will have hormone levels high enough to detect. Test earlier and most won't.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 18, 2014, 06:14 AM
    A missed period is the only symptom of POSSIBLE pregnancy that means anything. Why can't you relax until August? You are stressing yourself out for NO REASON!

Address the vaginal lump, and the bleeding with a doctor/Oby/Gyn, and get facts from a professional. Testing for pregnancy after you had sex yields nothing but stress.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 18, 2014, 06:29 AM
    I had sex a week ago..
    Post that day I have this lump in my vagina.
    I urinate frequently.And also there is slight spotting.
    I find these symptoms of pregnancy.But the test shows negative.
    Please help me figure out if these symptoms are of pregnancy or it can be due to this lump.
    The lump could be from rough sex or inadequate lubrication.

Urinating frequently, as well as slight spotting, could be an indication of a urinary tract infection. This could be caused by rough sex or inadequate lubrication as well.

Unfortunately you are going to have to wait until your period is late to get an accurate result on a pregnancy test. Be sure to use first morning urine.

What we "think" is immaterial.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feeling lumps in vagina and pain during intercourse [ 12 Answers ]

This is my second time taking depo provera. I started on February to take it. Since a month ago I have been having this weird pain in my groin region like if it were constipation or cramps or bloating. It is actually confusing. When I have intercourse it hurts badly sometimes. I decided to feel...

Vagina too tight for intercourse 3 months after childbirth [ 4 Answers ]

Hi - I had a baby 3 months ago. The childbirth was terrible. I had 4th degree tears, lots of cutting, tearing and had a recto-vaginal fistula repaired about 8 weeks ago. I had gone to my gyno and was told I should be able to have sex but to go slow as everything was healing well.When I had my gyno...

I'm nineteen and a virgin, and sometimes I have a slight tingle inside my vagina. [ 0 Answers ]

I'm nineteen and a virgin, and sometimes I have a slight tingle inside my vagina. I usually press my fingers against my vagina as a reflex to make it stop. It doesn't hurt or resonate throughout the rest of my body. It also doesn't happen often, but I was wondering if that's a problem and if I need...

What may cause a deep pain in my vagina after sexual intercourse? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a deep pain in my vagina since last night after sexual intercourse. The sex was not any rougher than normal but it hurt in all types of sexual position. It hurts when I begin to urinate and when I stop urinating. It also hurts depending on how I sit. This pain feels like a cramping similar...

View more questions Search