Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rickster13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2014, 10:51 AM
    Ceiling fan will not shut off, lights will not work
    Hunter ceiling fan, 3 speed, 2 lights all on remote, runs on highest speed, will not shut off or slow with remote, no lights.
    Studs ad Posts: 134, Reputation: 9

Jul 15, 2014, 06:20 PM
    Did it always do this, or has this just started happening? If you made wiring changes and it started happening, then I would suspect it is miss-wired. If it just started happening it could be the wireless control unit in the upper fan housing(usually). Sense you didn't give us any more details that is the best I can do for right now. If you would like to respond with some details, we will see if we can help more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor breeze ceiling fan lights work but fan dosen't rotate [ 1 Answers ]

Harbor breeze fan has been operating for about 2 years then stopped. Ligts in fan still working but fan blades dosen't rotate. Changed batteries in remote no help. Suggesstions.

Remote control on ceiling fan works for lights but doesn't work on fan on/off, speed [ 3 Answers ]

Just installed a hampton bay ceiling fan with remote control.. the remote control works on the lights to turn them on and off but will not turn on/off fan or contol speed. What's wrong.

Ceiling Fan lights work, but fan doesn't. [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my Harbor Breeze ceiling fan quit working, the lights still work, but the fan has stopped. The fan and light are operated from separate wall switches (a remote also). I have checked the breakers, replaced the wall switch, and replaced the remote batteries. I figured that the fan was...

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan for about 15 years. The lights work but the fan doe [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay with a light. The light works but the fan does not. I can feel a slight hum of the motor and sometimes it appears the blades may move a bit but really there is nothing. It is about 15 yrs old. I have another one like this, same age and it works fine. Before I start taking...

Ceiling Fan w/Remote lights work, fan doesn't [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a ceiling fan about 1 1/2 yrs ago, was working fine, it has lighting in the motor housing and lower lights, this fan has pull strings and a remote all were working fine. Replace the battery in the remote. The remote will not operate any part of the fan, the pull strings for the lights...

View more questions Search