Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzdobson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2014, 06:23 AM
    Pregnancy levels slow after 1200, can I still be on track?
    My pregnancy hcg levels started about doubling fine but have slowed a little. I hear it is normal to slow a little after 1200. Should I be worried?

Jun26 44
    June30 306
    July 9 1739
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2014, 09:05 AM
    Hi suzdobson,

Have you had your levels checked a few times for a particular reason? Have you experienced previous losses? Have you had an ultrasound yet for dating purposes?

There isn't necessarily a level at which you may see a slow rise start, because there is such a wide range in what a normal level can be at any given week in early pregnancy. You will sometimes see a slower rise after several weeks, compared to earlier on, but again what the numbers are will vary from person to person and from pregnancy to pregnancy.

Generally, as long as you are seeing a steady rise in the first several weeks, and certainly when you have had confirmation from an ultrasound that all is progressing as it should be, the vast majority of pregnancies will continue as expected.

If you haven't had an ultrasound yet, your doctor will likely do one if they are concerned about the rate of your levels rising. For example, some doctors will want to check for the location of the pregnancy as ectopic pregnancies can cause a slower rise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HCG Levels in Pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am experiencing a problem and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing. I went to the ER on 1/29/14 because I was having some spotting on and off they gave me my HCG levels of 6866 and told me I was 6.2 weeks which was right on track with what I thought, but then today I...

Pregnancy Hcg levels [ 1 Answers ]

I have just recently found out that I am pregnant. My levels are not matching up with my my last period. My first hcg level was 15.8 on the 4th of December then it went to 48 on the 6th. Then I didn't have them redrawn until the 11th and they were 1085. I was just wondering if that was normal to...

View more questions Search