Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BeautyWithin93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2014, 05:02 PM
    Pregnant or paranoid?
    So going to try to make this as clear as possible. Had sex about three weeks ago with out a condom and my boyfriend did the pull out method and it landed very close to my vagina. Thought nothing of it. A week after that happened I was due to start my period. It was a day late, and was very heavy (as mine usually are) but only lasted one day, then had light spotting for two more days (not even enough blood to have to wear feminine products). Since then I have felt , extremely tired, having to use the restroom at least 3 more times a day (a drinking the same amount ). The thing is my breast are not sore, I haven't vomited , and haven't seem to be sensitive to smells. My temperature seems higher than normal im usually 98.3 and have been 98.9 I'm not sure if there is a chance, or I'm just freaking my body out and creating a phantom pregnancy. I know answers will be take test, but I'm just curious if its highly likely to get pregnant a week before your menstrual cycle, and have a period that heavy for one day and just stop. People said to watch for mood swings , but it's hard to tell I'm a woman and I'm always having mood swings.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2014, 06:41 PM
    The people that you need to listen to will tell you to wait until you are two weeks late to test, and that anything else is usually coincidental... and not untique or limitied to pregnancies, or many even to women exclusively..

Have you posted this question under a different username recently?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 11, 2014, 12:52 AM
    You can be pregnant. There are sperm in the early fluids, so pulling out, will not stop pregnancy.. So, think condom... and even then, they have a 3 to 18 percent failure rate..

So you will have to wait.. when is the period due ? You can test then, but you will need to wait till you are 3 week late to really have better test
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2014, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautyWithin93 View Post
    I'm just curious if its highly likely to get pregnant a week before your menstrual cycle

Generally not, but if you happened to ovulate during that time, then pregnancy is possible. If you did happen to become pregnant, the bleeding you had wouldn't be a period. It would be from pregnancy as some women will have some spotting or bleeding in early pregnancy.

What you have been feeling, slightly elevated temp for example, can be experienced prior to a period, and what you haven't felt, nausea or vomiting for example, are not always seen in pregnancy.

As was said, wait and see what happens when you would expect your next period. To lessen the worry of an unplanned pregnancy, always have your boyfriend use a condom, he should never enter you without one on, and you might want to consider using birth control yourself as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paranoid or pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

This boy and I were messing around and my parents told me to stay away but I didn't listen and so we were in his room together and he didn't have a condom and I didn't care at the moment and so he tried too stick it in but it hurt so we stopped and now I'm really scared that I might be pregnant, my...

I'm getting very paranoid about being pregnant! [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so, had sex with a guy, it WAS unprotected he said he did *** inside but then at other times he says he really can't remember, which always means a yes It's only been a day, but I'm getting very paranoid. I should start my periods in 2/3 days, but I'm stressing a lot about it... my left breast...

Am I pregnant or paranoid? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have sex regualry and the last time we did we had sex with no condom but he didn't let out inside of me.. I ussualy get my period at the end of the month and I haven't gotten it.. I took two home tests and they both showed up negative, my boyfriend said I haven't gotten it...

Pregnant or paranoid [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 16 and my boyfriend and I had sex about 5 weeks ago. He used a condom and he did not ejaculate. I got my period 2 weeks later. But before I got my period, I was really worried that I was pregnant because I was throwing up for 3 days. Then this month, my period is a few days late and my breasts...

View more questions Search