Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tulli Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2014, 03:03 AM
    Am I pregnant ?I missed my period but negative HPT :(
    Hi

My name s Tulli . My question is my period is 3 days late and I did HPT test 5 times and all are negative ..
    Last month period -18-may-2014
    Previous month period - 12-june-2014
    Expected period was -7-july-2014... but today is 10 th July .
    I had unprotected sex at these days 19 /22/ 23/ 26 June...

Before a week I had little cramp . Breast tend . Strong smelling... felt little tired... but from 2 days no symptoms like that .

I Am confuse that am I pregnant ? If yes then why I am getting negative result ?
    What I have to do next ?

Thanks
    Tulli
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2014, 04:15 AM
    Hi Tulli,

Sometimes cycles are just off a bit and your period arrives a little later than usual. Sometimes a pregnancy doesn't show on a urine test so soon. It often has to do with when you happened to ovulate and implantation occurs... sooner ovulation and implantation, sooner it is likely to show a positive; later ovulation and implantation, it will naturally take longer.

Your timing would generally be spot on, but there is more to getting pregnant than timing alone, and it can happen where ovulation occur outside your usual norm once in awhile. This is partly why, while most healthy couples will become pregnant within a year of trying, some will take longer still.

Either give it another week and, if still no period, try another test at that time, making certain to follow the directions carefully, or you could see your doctor about having a test done in office.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2014, 04:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tulli View Post
    Hi

My name s Tulli . My question is my period is 3 days late and I did HPT test 5 times and all are negative ..
    Last month period -18-may-2014
    Previous month period - 12-june-2014
    Expected period was -7-july-2014... but today is 10 th July .
    I had unprotected sex at these days 19 /22/ 23/ 26 June...

Before a week I had little cramp . Breast tend . Strong smelling... felt little tired... but from 2 days no symptoms like that .

I Am confuse that am I pregnant ? If yes then why I am getting negative result ?
    What I have to do next ?

Thanks
    Tulli
    Um... testing 5 times and you are only three days late... I think that's seriously over reacting.

You should be 14 days late before you take the first test... any earlier and any HPT you take will be very likely to return a negative test result, even if you are.

I don't know a single woman who is over the age of 25 who has never been 3 or more days late without a pregnancy being involved. I know many who have been a week or more late when they haven't even been having sex. If you see the point I'm getting at... that every woman is going to be a little late from time to time... and 3 days is very little to be late. So wate another 11 days, then take another, right after you wake up...first time you pee that morning...and see then. I think you are likely to have your period start before then.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 10, 2014, 04:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tulli View Post
    my period is 3 days late and I did HPT test 5 times and all are negative ..

What I have to do next ?
    You are getting negative results because you are testing too soon. HPTs have less than 50% accuracy in the first week after your due date. And calculating due dates is guess work. Also the symptoms you describe could be anything, even if you are pregnant it is too soon for such symptoms to manifest themselves.

What until you are about 2 weeks late, then, if you still haven't gotten you period, take the tests again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed period, negative HPT [ 0 Answers ]

I am a healthy 27 yr. old female, currently not on birth control, in a monogamous relationship and always use the pulling out technique but have intercourse almost every other day if not everyday. My last period was in October somewhere around the 25th. I did not have my period at all in November,...

Missed Period and Negative HPT [ 0 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex the day before I should expect my period but I never got my period. Its been 6 days that my period is late. 3 days after I missed my period took a home pregnancy test and it was negative. But still no period can I be pregnant?

Missed period, negative HPT [ 1 Answers ]

I had my last period on November 16, 2011, I took a ept test it came back negative , I want to know what I should do now?

Missed period, some pregnant symptoms, 3 negative hpt's [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everybody I'm new to this so this is my story/question. I am 24 years old I have a 5 year old boy, I have not used any form of contraceptive with my husband but the "pull out method" but I have not gotten pregnant yet. He was here for about 3 weeks because he travels for his work and he was...

Missed Period about 1 week and got negative HPT [ 11 Answers ]

Hi friends I am so confused and frastrated... me & My Hubby are trying to conceive baby from last month and as per cycle we did sex... my last Period due date was 23 Nov.. but yet I didn't got that and I did a pregnancy test in home today morning following proper instruction and got negative...

View more questions Search