Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bulgaria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2014, 09:48 AM
    Do I have to pay taxes in the U.S. for selling my property overseas?
    I am a U.S. citizen and have a dual citizenship, American and Bulgarian. And I live in the USA. I received some property, inheritance from my late father in Bulgaria. My question is: Do I have to pay taxes in the U.S. if I decide to sell or give my property overseas for rent?

Check out some similar questions!

Pay taxes receiving money from overseas [ 1 Answers ]

I have a property overseas and I am selling it, once it sold and want to bring the money (profit) here in the U.S. do I have to pay taxes? Is there a limit of how much money I can transfer to U.S. to my bank from my account overseas? Thanks.

If my wife send me money from overseas do I have to pay taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a US citizen an my wife is a US permanent resident. We live in New Jersey. My wife has some family business in her native country. She is looking to bring some of that money via wire transfer to our account in the USA. Do we have to pay taxes on that money?

Taxes over property sale overseas [ 5 Answers ]

I'm seling a property in Brazil for $150K, deposited in my bank account in Brazil. What are the taxes to transfer the money to my bank account in USA? I want to use the money for down payment in a house here. I'm a Brazilian citizen, and legal resident in USA since 2004. Thanks

What tax do I pay the IRS when selling a foreign property? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a resident Alien here in the US and file taxes with the IRS. I own property in the UK which I intend to sell, what are the tax implications of selling this property? There is no income or expenses from the property which I effectively use as a residence when returning home to visit family. I...

Income taxes on money receive from sale of property overseas [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I am looking for advice for the following question. I have an apartment in Russia , it is on my name. I want to sell it and transfer the money to my US bank account so I could later buy a house in US. My mother also wants to add some more money to help me buy it. My questions are: 1....

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.