Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anxious_me Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2014, 11:37 PM
    Various Urinary problems, really worried
    Hey guys,
    I am a 21 year old male, having some urinary problems from quite sometime. The problem is that the symptoms are fluctuation, i.e. one symptom goes and other comes.

For around a year I have to pee for around 5-6 times a day and having a bit week flow(Earlier I used to pee 2-3 times a day). I thought this might be normal and it was not causing me much discomfort so I didn't consult a doctor. I also used to have lower back pain and the orthopedic doctor said it is because of my posture issues and nothing to worry about. But for about a month I had to pee in every an hour or so. Sometimes the flow was okay and sometimes it was too low. Also the quanity varies. I visited the doctor and he suspected a kidney stone and prescribed 'Alfuzosin' for 15 days, once a day after breakfast.He also advised a Ultrasound and in the reports every thing was normal(prostate,kidmeys). I haven't gone to the doctor again with the reports as they were normal and I had also started feeling a bit better and also my exams were going on.

I took alfuzosin for 3 days and after that I had pretty bad Constipation. Even a laxative wasn't helping so I had to stop it. Also after taking alfuzosin I used to have the urge to pee in every half an hour or so but I couln't pee. So I had to stop taking it. I also couln't visit the doctor as my exams were going on. But one magical thing happened after taking Alfuzosin, my lower back pain just dissappeared! I don't know how, but it just vanished and it hadn't accourred again.

After around 7 days after this, I started taking 'Alfuzosin' again but this time the effects of this medicine were different. In about 4-5 days of taking it, I didn't suffer from any constipation but this time also I was feeling like to pee most of the time, but couldn't pee and also I had a little pain in my penis. Actually I could't define it whether it is a feeling of 'pain' or 'pressure', I don't know why but I am confused about it. It was causing too much discomfort so I again had to stop it.

Since then, at times I have pain in my penis, or sometimes pain in the scrotum. Also the symptoms I have to pee in around every 2 hours and have a weak flow are continuing. I don't have a burning sensation though. Somedays I feel absolutely normal.

Also, for quite sometime I wake up after sleeping for 5-6 hours with a very high pressure, but I don't urinate much. Then again after an hour or so I have to pee again.

I don't know what is happening with but at times I feel too scared to even go to the doctor. I will try to see the doc tomorrow, but can you guys help me what it could be? I am pretty anxious.

Just for the record, I was also having digestive problems for around an year and I was diagnosed with 'H.Pylori' and antibiotics were given. And when I was in my teenage, around 12-13 years, I used to have urine infections frequently, say in every couple of months.

I will really appreciate your help, Thank you.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 8, 2014, 02:08 PM
    Sorry no one has gotten to this. What did it turn out to be? I assume you still went to the doctor.

Jul 8, 2014, 02:46 PM
    I went to the doctor. He examined my testicles and said they look normal. He said I might have mild Urinary Tract Infection or some infection in the prostate.However, I am still worried. For the past one year I have bombarded my bloodstream with enough antibiotics for any infection to remain there(due to stomach infections and one wound that became infected). The pain in the testicles has increased now and is more pronounced while sitting or laying down.
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 8, 2014, 02:58 PM
    Prostrate infection makes sense for the constant need, low volume, and weak stream. The UTI for much of everything else.

The problem with antibiotics is that they're not a catch all. What you had for your stomach might not work on your prostrate and that might not work on your UTI. Get the prescription and take the antibiotics. Go back if it doesn't clear up. That is the best advice. What had worried me is that it was Prostrate cancer. Those are many of the symptoms, but it doesn't usually develop this early.

Jul 8, 2014, 09:23 PM
    Thanks for the reply!
    I had an ultrasound for the prostate, kidneys. Both were normal in size and no abnormalities were seen. Actually earlier I was too worried about prostate cancer because the symptoms were matching those of prostate cancer.

I will be revisiting the urologist tomorrow, let's see what he says this time. The symptoms match for the Lower Urinary Tract Obstruction. Maybe a stone somewhere in the Lower Urinary tract. I wish just the problem is diagnosed soon, be whatever it is.
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 9, 2014, 06:13 AM
    I hope so too. It isn't nice to be left hanging like that. That being said, it isn't wise to read too much up on the internet about a sickness. Reference is good but when you start self-diagnosing than you're going to freak yourself out. Our minds will immediately jump to the worst case and not consider the best so this can freak a person out. Good luck!

Jul 9, 2014, 10:10 AM
    Thanks!
    I also know it is not wise to read too much but nowadays but nowadays it is also necessary for the patient to be knowledgeable when some doctors are more interested in minting money from the patients. Let's see what the urologist says tomorrow!

I am thinking if my problem is not urologist related, but something related to spinal chord? I had a lower back pain from the same time I had urinary problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Urinary problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have had 4 children and I find myself going to the bathroom every 30 minutes. Or less, or when I see water running or just touching something that is cold. Even if I jog,jump, or cough I have leakage. Can I have surgery to stop this?

Urinary Problems. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm and 18 year old male with no history of urinary tract issues or anything of the sort. But around February of this year I started to have some urinary issues and when I went to the doctor they gave me meds for a UTI. I took them and nothing improved. Over the next month I had been taken back to...

Daughter has urinary problems [ 5 Answers ]

My 4 year old was potty trained for a year at two years old for almost a year now she has had several UTI's and we have had blood tests, VCG, renal ultrasound all with negative results, but still she is wetting herself, like I said for a year she had no accidents at all then I struggle with her...

Urinary Problems [ 4 Answers ]

I just got a Newfoundland purebred puppy and the breeder told me up front that he has a urinary problem. He drinks constantly and pees almost immediately with no warning and continuously until its gone then he's immediately thirsty again, he drinks almost until vomiting. He's 7 weeks old. Is...

View more questions Search