Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alice05 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2014, 08:46 AM
    Urine pregnancy test
    If I took a urine pregnancy test at the doctors and it was false. Is there anyway I'm pregnant?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2014, 08:58 AM
    Possibly, how far along do you think you are? Most urine tests need 4-6 weeks.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2014, 09:20 AM
    As ma0641 said, it's possible. If you have missed a period, either try another test in about a week, or wait and see if you miss the next period and test again at that time. Another option, if you still think you might be pregnant, would be to ask the doctor to do a blood test.

Jul 2, 2014, 07:32 PM
    So my last period was May 28 and I had sex with protection on June 18 and then I had sex with out protection on June 24. I got my period on time on June 26 but it was really heavy and when I was going pee it hurt and was bleeding. Yesterday I went to the doctor got a urine test and she said I'm not pregnant but I have a uti and a kidney infection. Is there still a possibility?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 2, 2014, 07:48 PM
    I think you're reaching. it is POSSIBLE....but very unlikely.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 2, 2014, 08:12 PM
    With the heavy period, it is not likely at all you could be pregnant. Heavy bleeding is not a sign. You do have all the signs for the infections that the doctor named.

With that said, even doctors urine tests are not 100 percent, so early. It could, but it is very unlikely, that you could be pregnant

Jul 13, 2014, 08:03 PM
    Hi again so I keep track of my period and when I ovulate. And this is the time I ovulate and I am so bloated and my period should come July 24. Does this mean anything?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2014, 06:28 AM
    Keeping track of your period is not the same as keeping track of when you ovulate... two COMPLETELY different things. Unless you are keeping a Basal Temp chart every day... then you aren't keeping track of ovulation.
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2014, 11:09 AM
    You could be feeling bloated because your period is due to start next week. The test you took at the doctor's would have been too early to show a pregnancy from sex on June 24 even if you did happen to get pregnant on or around that date. A UTI or kidney infection would not effect the pregnancy test.

See what happens when you expect your next period.

Jul 20, 2014, 04:05 PM
    Plan b
    I had unprotected sex on July 10 and he pulled out and no as far as we know got inside, but to be sure I took plan b one step a day after. Now my period has came four days early. And usually it is really heavy and I have horrible cramps, but this one is light and I have mild cramps, but am bloated. Is this normal after taking plan b one step?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 20, 2014, 04:33 PM
    Plan B can and does have many side effects, it can make your monthly cycle off for one or two months, cause bleeding and other issues.

Women experience various side effects of plan b. Not all have the same. These are possible ones.
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2014, 04:35 PM
    It can be due to the plan b; which is known to sometimes alter a period after you take it.

Consider talking to your doctor about a form of birth control that you can use consistently to lessen the chance of an unplanned pregnancy. You've had sex with protection and without, but since you took plan b, it appears that you don't want to become pregnant at this time.

Your partner should never enter you without a condom on... not even for a little bit, then to pull out to put one on. If it's not used correctly, the chance of failure increases. If you are choosing not to use a condom, then you have several options for protecting yourself. Your doctor can go over the pros and cons of each one with you as certain ones may be better options for you than others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accuracy on a lab urine test for pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I had intercourse on th 5th of October, and I had an appointment on the 15th of October for a follow up from an abortion (please don't judge, I have my own personal reason why I did it). On the follow up they did a urine test and said it was negative and they prescribed me my first birth control...

Can white discharge in urine dilute pregnancy test ? [ 1 Answers ]

I had perion on 8th April. Intercourse on 21st April with pullout method. I have regular cycle. Now missed period for 14 days. 1 pregency test is negative. Still I can be pregent? When to take 2nd pregency test.

Can I use NOT the first morning urine in pregnancy test? [ 3 Answers ]

Can I use NOT the first morning urine in pregnancy test? I'm more than 2 weeks delayed. I use pregnancy test on the 1st week, negative. All in all, I took 3 tests, all negative, I'm planning to do another test on Sunday, can I use NOT the 1st morning urine? How accurate is it? If not. Can I...

Negative blood and urine pregnancy test [ 2 Answers ]

OK, I've been trying to get pregnant my last period was on the 4th of August 09 and me and my feon wants kids we had sex on the 10 I ovulated on the 17 we did it then... everyday up to the 24. And yes he erected in me. Lol but anyway I noticed a lot of cramping the cramping of when I would usually...

Pregnancy test urine [ 3 Answers ]

Why do you have to test with morning urine. What if it's still morning BUT it's your second void of the day?

View more questions Search