Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BLJ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2014, 12:55 PM
    Sole Proprietor in CA Question for Estimated taxes %
    I am a sole proprieter paid as 1099. Can someone provide me an estimated % for State of CA Self Employment Tax and IRS Self Employment Tax Please? Just a rough estimate as close to accurate filing as single no children as well.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 24, 2014, 12:58 PM
    There is NO California self-employment tax.

The federal self-employment tax is 15.3% of the net income on the Schedule C. The net income is your gross 1099 income minus all legitimate costs and expenses.
    BLJ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2014, 08:49 AM
    Thank you very much for answer and assistance.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jul 2, 2014, 09:01 AM
    Glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A sole proprietor [ 1 Answers ]

I am a sole proprietor. My Balance Sheet is reflecting two Net Income entries. The first Net Income entry seems to be generating from Quickbooks automatic year end closing entries that has created a negative amount. The second Net income appears to be the normal income/ expense P&L entries for...

LLC vs Sole Proprietor [ 4 Answers ]

My husband does handyman work for a rental management company as a sole proprietor. They recently suggested to him he should become an LLC. I can not find any reason that this would be beneficial to him, and in fact, in FL he would actually have a yearly fee to pay. What am I not understanding? ...

Sole proprietor [ 0 Answers ]

1. When we open post dated cheque,the date we want to put is the actual date or paymnet date? 2. Jan Salary but paid on Feb, so in payment voucher and account, which date that I need to put is better? 3. Dec Expenses Accrued, paid on Jan, how to do the entry? 4. Please show the journal...

Sole proprietor [ 0 Answers ]

1. When we open post dated cheque,the date we want to put is the actual date or paymnet date? 2. Jan Salary but paid on Feb, so in payment voucher and account, which date that I need to put is better? 3. Dec Expenses Accrued, paid on Jan, how to do the entry? 4. Please show the journal...

Trouble with Inc or Sole proprietor [ 5 Answers ]

I am an employer and one of my contractors stated back in the beginning of 2007 that he was Incorporated but believe that he is just a sole proprietor. He then told me that he as in the process of converting from a sole proprietor to a C or S corp. We are now 3 days past the deadline for filing...

View more questions Search