Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimdogdoc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2014, 04:02 PM
    Correcting my 17 year old grandson's birth certificate by adding his deceased father
    My grandson is 17 and shortly after his birth, a dna test was done to determine paterinity of his father. His biological father agreed to the test and acknowledged his paternity. On the birth certificate the father is left blank. His father died several years ago. He did receive SSI checks from the government on behalf of his father.

My grandson woul like the birth certificate to be corrected with his father's name in the correct place.

How do we go about changing this?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 22, 2014, 04:20 PM
    Contact your state's (or country's) bureau of vital records for the process. You will need a copy of the acknowledgement of paternity and/or DNA test results.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 23, 2014, 12:24 PM
    Also take a copy of the check reciept with you from the SSI statement. That will help bolster your claim too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to add my deceased fathers biological deceased father to his birth certificate. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I add my deceased fathers biological deceased father to his birth certificate his mom put her boyfriends name on it and I need to prove my native American heritage and my dads biological father was native American.

Deceased father's name on the birth certificate [ 19 Answers ]

My son passed away on 7-5-08, his girlfriend just gave birth to his daughter on 2-21-09. The social worker at the hospital (Kaiser) is telling us that our sons name cannot be on the baby's birth certificate. We live in California. The girlfriend is very upset and is refusing to sign the certificate...

Biological father is deceased, and not on birth certificate. [ 1 Answers ]

Three years ago I took a DNA test with myself,my mother, and appointed biological father. DNA Test Results showed that the appointed father whom was named on my birth certificate IS NOT MY BIOLOGICAL FATHER!! How can I go about getting my name changed on Birth Certificate. because my...

View more questions Search