Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cowanda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2014, 12:01 PM
    Can I add my daughter's father name on her birth certificate?
    Can I add my daughter's father name on her birth certificate? Also we were married at the time of her birth.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 21, 2014, 12:16 PM
    Laws vary by state, but you will certainly need the marriage license, and probably the divorce papers just to show that you weren't divorced when you gave birth. Ordinarily you need the signature of the father. Call your local courthouse and ask.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 22, 2014, 08:37 AM
    If you were married at the time of birth, why wasn't his name on the birth certificate? In all US states the husband is the presumed father and would normally be listed,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my boyfriend adopt my daughter if there no farther on her birth certifcate [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend wants to adopt my daughter. I am also not 100 per cent sure on who her farther is n therefor there is no farther name on her birth certifcate so is it possiable for him to adopt her without her real farther permission?

How can I add father's name in my child birth certificate if father lives abroad [ 3 Answers ]

The father lives out of EC and needs visa to UK. He involves inmy son lives an financially support him

Father isn't on the birth certifcate can I change her name without his permission? [ 4 Answers ]

If my daughter has the same last name as her father but on her birth certificate in the father column it sais "none named" she technically doesn't have a father right? So do I need his permission to change her last name to mine?

Father not around at birth. Want to add him to birth certificate/change babies name [ 1 Answers ]

At the time I had my son 5 months ago his father was not in the picture so I opted to not give him his last name or put his name on the birth certificate... however now his father came back and we are working things out.. how do I go about changing the birth certificate and my sons last name... do...

Getting the father off the birth certifcate [ 5 Answers ]

I'm in a situation. My son is 4 years old. His father hasn't seen him since he was 6 months old. He also has 2 other children. Ones a year old and the other one is on the way. He said he won't be a father to my son because he's a boy but will be father to this new baby because it's a girl? Make any...

View more questions Search