Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hemmi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2014, 04:23 PM
    Bathroom light.
    Hello I had good intentions of replacing my bathroom light , but failed miserably.
    Coming out of the wall is 2 black wires which are together with merits. I have 3 white wires and my new light has 1 white and 1 black and a ground wire.. Right now I have no power in bathroom , livingroom , backroom and back bed room. Please help me.
    Hemmi
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2014, 07:02 PM
    Connect all 3 whites together and tell us what happens. I will assume you are not in the US. (merits?)
    hemmi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2014, 03:19 AM
    I'm in Ontario Canada.I will try
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jun 21, 2014, 05:19 AM
    Is there a light switch for this room?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring a bathroom light/fan/night light unit [ 1 Answers ]

I'm redoing my bathroom, I bought a light/fan/night light unit and need to wire it into the existing light. I only have hot & common wires and power goes to light first, the night light has to be separate. How do I wire the fan and light using the existing wires but to 2 switches?

Wiring diagram for combo light/night light/fan/heater bathroom fixture on one switch [ 3 Answers ]

I have a combo light/night light/fan/heater in the ceiling in bathroom. There are six wires on the switch 2 black, 2 white one red & one blue. I need a diagram on how to connect. I have three wires (one hot & two others)

Changing switch- bathroom light and bathroom fan/light blowing breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the vanity light. Then replaced both switches. The fan/light come on, The vanity light blows the breaker. There are three sets of wires, all three are black/white/copper ground. I have one set attached to one switch, the other 2 sets are attached to the fan switch.

Bathroom fan/light stopped working, but main light in bathroom still works... [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all. I have gone through and read other questions like mine, but they all seem to have separate switches for the lights and the fan. Howerver, my bathroom only has a single switch that controls the valinity light on top of our sink, and the bathroom fan/light combo in our ceiling. Here's...

Broan bathroom fan light does not light [ 1 Answers ]

I have a one year old Broan bathroom fan/light in which the light does not work. Replaced the light with a new bulb but still does not work. The fan works fine by switch but the light switch produces no result. What are most likely causes?

View more questions Search