Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimisu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2014, 03:16 PM
    Adding Father's Name to the Birth Certificate
    How do I go about having my name as father to my son's Birth Certificate.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 20, 2014, 08:41 AM
    Submit an affidavit of paternity to the vital statistics agency for whichever state or country you are in. There may be other requirements, such as the mother's consent, as well. Check with the agency.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 20, 2014, 08:49 AM
    Any question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. The first step would be to have a court declare you as the legal father. Unless the mother signs the Acknowledgment of paternity with you, it would most likely require a court order.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jun 20, 2014, 03:01 PM
    First things First, what does the mother say? Second, if the mother denies the fact you are the father that is when the legal case begins. Just because you think you are the dad does not make it so. Paternity DNA test etc. required by a Judge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a father to the birth certificate [ 5 Answers ]

If paternity has already been established and court orders support is in place but the father never signed the birth certificate and doesn't want to because it cost... but there is a guy that wants to step up to the plate and sign the birth certificate can this be done or is it legal steps to be...

Adding father to birth certificate. [ 8 Answers ]

My some was born in Arizona and soon after his mother moved and filed for custody in California. The result of which awarding me primary physical custody and joint legal custody. The problem is my son is now 15 and my name was never added to the birth certificate. Even though I have primary custody...

Adding a father to birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 6 six year old son. I don't have anyone listed as his father on the birth certificate. I am in a relationship now and my finance would like to take paternity of my son. Can I just add his name to the birth certificate?

Adding father to birth certificate [ 6 Answers ]

How much is it to add the father on the birth certificate?

Adding father to birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I want to add my daughters father to the birth certificate... We were together and have been together since she was born, but when she was born things were rocky so I didn't put his name on there. We have been together for 10 yrs and we are now married. My daughter is 9yrs. Old and we want her...

View more questions Search