Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Towerat88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2014, 09:12 AM
    I've paid a judgement, does the complain tent have responsibility to report to the th
    I have paid a debt in a court ordered judgement(small claims) . I understand that the person who filed the case has a time limit to file a satisfaction form with the courts. How long does this person have? And if my credit is affected for failure to do so. What are my recourses?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 17, 2014, 09:48 AM
    It would depend upon which state or country you are in. Rules vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

The adverse affect upon your credit rating resulting from tardy filing of a satisfaction of judgment will be minimal. The big hit you are taking is the fact that the plaintiff had to sue you in the first place.

Also, even if you can prove that your credit rating has been negatively affected by failure to give you a satisfaction of judgment, how would that translate into money damages?

Have you requested a satisfaction of judgment, in writing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have a case to complain - Colleague paid more for same role? [ 10 Answers ]

So my company had 3 positions open for the same role. I along with 2 others were hired, we applied from external companys At the point of salary negotiations, I requested a specific salary. The recruiter stated that this was not possible and I was offered a salary of 4k less than what I...

Judgement on credit report [ 2 Answers ]

I have a joint unsatisfied judgement from 2002 in the state of Florida. My ex husband defaulted on a lease and never paid them. So the filed a judgement. My ex husband never took care of it and probably never will. I just found out about it because I was applying for a mortgage in NJ. I found out...

My responsibility to report my earnings for a new tenant [ 3 Answers ]

Dear, friends I just rented a room to a fellow student in college. I am not sure about the proper way to insure that I can rent out to someone on my contract and how to report my income from the tenant for filing at the end of the year. Can anyone assist me with this. Also, I am renting out to...

View more questions Search