Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tino28 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2014, 01:23 PM
    How do I connect a manometer to a gas regulator to adjust pressure
    Hello everyone,
    I have the following gas pressure regulator. See the image.
    Is there a way/place to connect a manometer to adjust the pressure?

Thank you very much in advance.
    Tino
    Attached Images

ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2014, 01:41 PM
    You connect it to the downstream side of the supply. I would take out the square plug and connect an adapter to the threaded fitting. Use a barbed connector to a piece of flex hose. NG or LPG? Regulators are usually preset to utility standards.

Jun 10, 2014, 01:47 PM
    Thank you ma0641.
    The pressure regulator will connect to an oven. I have to make sure that the pressure out of this regulator is not too high or it will damage the regulator from the oven. Do you know what is underneath that golden cap from the regulator? Could I connect the manometer there?

Thanks again.
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2014, 01:59 PM
    No. That is where the regulator is adjusted.

Jun 10, 2014, 02:29 PM
    Hmm,
    I thought the regulator gets adjusted behind the large white aluminum cap.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 10, 2014, 05:00 PM
    Hi Tino

You are right...gas pressure gets adjusted by removing that "large white aluminum cover"....the brass plug is an atmospheric vent and it is allowed in some states and not allowed in others. In areas where it is not allowed the atmospheric vent is removed and the vent is piped to the outside of the building...;)

Note also, you do not install two regulators to a stove...only one appliance regulator is required.

Good luck!

Mark
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2014, 05:54 PM
    Yes, my mistake. You should measure the pressure at the square plug.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water pressure - Home - Pressure regulator [ 3 Answers ]

I have a pressure regulator for the water coming into the home. However, when I read the pressure with a gauge it still shows as 135 psi. When water is flowing in the house, the pressure reads 65 psi and is adjustable. I can adjust is down really far to 15 psi and then adjust back up the 65 psi. ...

Pressure regulator works okay, but with water off, has very high back pressure [ 4 Answers ]

I went to check my home's water pressure. When I did this, it read off the charts at 100psi. Adjusting the pressure regulator did nothing apparent. But in the shower, the adjustment definitely had an affect - even thought he pressure meter didn't show a change. I tried a second pressure meter...

How do you adjust the gas pressure to the burner on a propane water heater [ 0 Answers ]

I have a new propane water heater. The burner is very noisy. How do you adjust the gas pressure to the water heater?

Pressure regulator on lp gas grill [ 1 Answers ]

The pressure regulator on my Char Broil gas grill vibrates. I can put my hand on it and feel the vibration. This happens after I light the grill and increases in intensity as I turn the flame(s) up.I tried turning everything off ,disconnecting the connection to the LP tank and tapping on the...

View more questions Search