Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Quantumcat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2005, 03:37 AM
    Children's fantasy movie - please help me find title!
    I couldn't tell you if the movie used puppets like in never ending story or was animated, it was too long ago. It was probably around the time of The Last Unicorn, another movie I had sketchy memories of but recently found.

The characters weren't people, and the setting was not like normal earth, very fantasy like. I remember three or four scenes. One (I think near the beginning) the main character (young) is talking to another thing, much much bigger than himself, maybe a friendly species not the same as him, there's something wrong happening and he tells the main character about it, the history I think. They're in a big cavern or something, I remember the room was large and everything in the scene was earthy coloured. The second scene I remember the main character finds a cage with lots of prisoners of his own race inside, everything in that scene is red coloured. Mood is very high tension (has to get them out and escape enemies I guess) He's penetrated into the place of the enemy by that stage. Another scene, not sure if it's after or before the last one, is he's in a big room, in the enemy's place, there's a huge machine I sort of remember it being silver and either blue or purple. I think the colour of this scene is white. The machine had lots and lots of tubes and things, very big and impressive. The mood was one of low tension. The next scene I remember is where he has to get a ball or balls of shining crystal, they are somehow the answer to the troubles back home, that are on short ornate poles in the enemy's place (he can see them through a window or hole or something). The room is circular I think and kind of dark except for the crystals on the ornate poles. I think the room reminded me of a library for some reason. The enemies may appear in that scene, hulking lizardine kind of things? I could be wrong. Please tell me if you know this movie. Again it'll have been released in the 80's, I would have watched it on cassette (I was born in '86)

The characters might look similar to the ones in the book Brog the Stoop (that I found recently in the garage) but I'm sure the film isn't that, the story wouldn't be the same and I can't find anything about a Brog the Stoop film on the net...

Thanks heaps for helping!
    ZRoHeRo Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2005, 04:46 AM
    Movie
    The Dark Crystal perhaps? Or maybe The Chronicles of Narnia?
    Quantumcat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2005, 12:01 AM
    Thanks! Dark crystal was it. It's weird how wonderful nostalgia makes you feel isn't it?

I must have seen that movie when I was like 4. if you hadn't have given me that name I'd never have found it.
    ZRoHeRo Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2005, 04:35 AM
    :)
    You are welcome!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for an 80's or 90's children's fantasy movie [ 20 Answers ]

There is a children's movie that I can't get out of my head. It had something to do with a real little girl who travels through a mirror and encounters a witch. I also think there were some puppets that became her friends. I don't remember too many details because I was really young but I...

Title of 80's kid fantasy movie [ 2 Answers ]

This movie came on YTV (Canadian youth television channel) all the time when I was a kid, which was in the early 90's but the movie I think was made probably in the early 80's. What I remember most is these kids going to this fantasy land, I think the kids meet this blonde midget, little guy in a...

Another 80s fantasy movie title [ 3 Answers ]

Well, I have never been able to find anyone who remembers these movies but since I see that two others on this website have had their questions answered I thought I would give it a try. There are actually two movies I am trying to find that I used to watch as a kid in the 80s. We had basic cable...

80s or 90s (?) Fantasy Movie Title [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, so I vaguely remember watching a fantasy movie over 10 years ago where there was something about trying to save some unicorns (someone was trying to kill them perhaps?). There was lots of snow at some point and I thinK I remember goblins or something like them. This is so frustrating because...

Title to an 80's fantasy movie [ 5 Answers ]

My friends and I are on a quest to find the title to a fantasy movie from the 80's. All we can remember is it has two kids about 9-10 on a quest to find a man in a castle w/ a heart of stone and to kill him w/ a sword they get late in the movie. They do kill the guy, when they do, his heart...

View more questions Search