Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hoofnaja Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2014, 03:30 PM
    Hot water in shower shuts off suddenly
    On one shower, the hot water flow suddenly shuts off with a thud after the shower has been running normally for a short time.
    RDFG Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

May 5, 2014, 04:27 PM
    Check the mixing valve. Could be clogged. The mixing valve is what allows water to enter either the faucet or shower.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 5, 2014, 07:09 PM
    If it is the older style 2 handle with hot and cold, check the washer on the hot stem. Sometimes they get loose and will block the flow-happened to my daughter. Pulled the stem, replaced and tightened the washer, no more problems.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 6, 2014, 05:36 AM
    How often do you flush your heater? Is sounds like minerals from the water heater get into your system and clogged the inlet ports of the cartridge. Shut the water off to the valve and open it up. Remove the cartridge and check a clean the inlet ports. Before you reassemble turn the water back on to flush out the supplies. Reassemble and test. Is it better now? Let me know, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suddenly, no hot water in Shower, but plenty in sinks [ 1 Answers ]

Eventually the hot water has come on the last 3 days, but it takes 10 minute. I'm assuming it will eventually not come on at all. Any thoughts? I'm a single mom, and do not have someone helping me, and I HATE to call repairmen in, because it scares the heck out of me to have strangers in my...

Hot water in shower shuts itself off [ 2 Answers ]

When we shower we find that the hot water tap will slowly shut itself off - though it never turns off completely. If we turn on the hot water until the tap is warmed up first, it sometimes helps but not all of the time. It didn't used to be like this and we can't figure out what to do to correct...

My hot water suddenly got hotter and is staying hot [ 2 Answers ]

Not sure if this is anything to get overly concerned about, so I thought I would ask before spending lots of money on a plumber. I have a 75 gal hot water tank and a water softener system. This past week our hot water that is coming out of all of our hot water spigots is VERY hot. I did not mess...

Shower - hot water comes out makes a noise and shuts off completely [ 1 Answers ]

I live in an apartment building and recently replaced my shower head with a new one that has a hose attached I noticed before and now that when I turn on the hot water it runs for a few second then makes a horrible noise - sort of like the wall will explode and then the hot water shuts completely...

Suddenly - no hot water out of shower [ 1 Answers ]

All of a sudden the upstairs shower stopped getting hot water (or, stopped showering hot water). Even if you run the water for a while with the shower thingy pointed to "Hot" no hot h2o cometh. Sink next to shower gets hot fine. Any suggestions? Can I fix this myself? Ta! :eek:

View more questions Search