Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lordwispa Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2014, 06:18 PM
    How to mix a primary color from other primary colors
    Hello. Yes I know the title makes no sense. Im trying to buy some textile paints for the airbrush. Trouble is these are the colors offered-Blue(Green)
    Red(Orange) Yellow(Green). I rang to ask what that means assuming it means they are not pure primarys and she said the color in brackets is a kind of tint and that we can't buy pure blues, yellows and reds but have to mix them. To me the three primarys don't need mixing but are mixed to make the other colors. I can't so what I can mix with blue with a green hue to purer blue. Am I correct or have I missed something fundamental here? They appear to be a legitimate company though when I ring they answer with hello, I had to ask if they were the airbrush shop. PLEASE HELP! Here's the link to the paints- Airbrush Supply Network (1300 AIRBRUSH)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2014, 08:15 PM
    You can't make a primary color. You can make variations or tints and hues but not the primary color itself.
    David Briggs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2014, 10:43 PM
    If you get their Blue(Green) and Blue(Purple) you'll be able to mix any intermediate blue that you deem to be "primary". However if you want to get three paints that will best mix all hues at reasonable strength, the best primaries are yellow, magenta and cyan, so, I suggest you get their Translucent Blue(Green), Translucent Red(Purple) and Transparent Yellow(Green). With these you'll be able to get your primary blue hue by adding some Transparent Red(Purple) to Transparent Blue(Green), though the blue may not be quite as intense as the blue you'd get from Blue(Green) and Blue(Purple).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The color red, blue, and yellow are known as the primary colors because they cannot b [ 1 Answers ]

The color red, blue, and yellow are known as the primary colors because they cannot be made by mixing other colors. When you mix to primary colors, you get a secondary color, as shown here: • When you mix red and blue, you get purple. • When you mix red and yellow, you get orange. • When you...

What colors to mix to get perfect hair color result? [ 4 Answers ]

I started using a salon for color & highlights until one time my scalp was burned very badly, so I started doing color myself. My old stylist told me to get a light natural brown color when using OTC store brands, because they turnnout darker . So, my hair was mediumish brown with highlights which...

Who is Primary [ 1 Answers ]

Is a group insurance policy primary over an individual insurance plan?

Primary colors [ 3 Answers ]

What are the primary colors?

Primary Education [ 1 Answers ]

Can u tell me the requirements for B. Ed Primary in your country! Thanks

View more questions Search