Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    aidinhsz's Avatar
    aidinhsz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 23, 2014, 11:50 AM
    R-entry permit to study abroad
    I am US LPR and reside in US. I am planning to study the doctoral studies abroad, particularly in Finalnd. In the meanwhile, to protect my residency in US I would like to apply for re-entry permit. I was wondering whether I would be eligible to be admitted for re-entry permit I-131 or not?
    tickle's Avatar
    tickle Posts: 23,801, Reputation: 2674

    Apr 23, 2014, 02:07 PM
    I suggest, not knowing your particulars, you phone US immigratiion. Do you have any reason why you would not want to inquire ?
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,495, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

    Apr 23, 2014, 02:44 PM
    Certainly a case where you really want to get the right information from the right people... green card holders aren't allowed to spend most of their time abroad any longer as in years past.
    lawanwadee's Avatar
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

    Apr 26, 2014, 09:26 AM
    File re-entry permit before you go, be very specific in the application, attached all supported documents is recommended. Each filing would be valid for 2 years, no question ask at any US port of entries, then you have to return to US and file the second one. In conclusion, you can go for 4 years, no longer than that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Study abroad [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a B.Tech IT graduate(2005 passout Anna university). I worked in a mnc bpo for 3 yrs. I want to study masters degree in engineering ( electrical and computer science) in uk, us or Canada. Is it possible to get 100% scholarship? What should I do to obtain scholarship? It is not possible to apply...

Study in abroad [ 1 Answers ]

I am a diploma holder in computer technology and I'm going to do graduation in software engineering. I wish to do MBA in abroad. Which would be the best universities and what is the process to get admitted?

Can I get a study permit while visiting canada. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Will I be able to apply for study permit while on a visit visa in canada??

Study abroad [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I'm yash... n I am currently studying in india... I m doing my graduation.. n I am in my second year... I want to know about the PG courses in business management run by english universities... n what is the eligibility criteria for PG courses... do good universities over there offers admissions...

View more questions Search