Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJLea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2014, 10:01 AM
    How to switch between cable and dvd player on vizio hdtv
    I just got a Vizio model M420NV HDTV and a Vizio bluray player model VBR 120 which is with internet apps. I want to connect together but have UVerse wireless cable box that I would like to hook up also. Can I connect cable/DVR to coaxial port and connect Bluray Player with HDMI cable. If so, how do I switch back and forth between them. Also the bluray player instructs to hook up to internet with ethernet and uVerse internet is wireless. How would I be able to use apps?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2014, 04:02 PM
    Should just be a matter of switching inputs/source on the TV remote. Only other complication would be if the input (Video In) jack is not on the menu of selectable options, and that can be remedied on the TV menu. In other words, the source/input may not presently go through all the possible input ports on the modern TV's. If it did, you would have a lot of scrolling to do before finally finding the input you wanted, and similar process to go back to normal TV viewing. You can just install the inputs you normally use via the TV menu, or your input may be readily available, without any other programming.

See page 19 of the operation manual: http://store.vizio.com/documents/dow.../UM_M420NV.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to hook up my dvd player to my vizio TV [ 6 Answers ]

Can someone please help me hook up my dvd player to my vizio TV? Some pertinent information. My new sony dvd player came with yellow, white and red cables. The back of the DVD player has yellow = video, orange = coaxial, white = L audio, red = R audio. My vizio TV however, has green = y/v,...

How do you connect a dvd player to a vizio flat screen [ 1 Answers ]

My dvd player has red whit and yellow cords, but my vizor flat screen has red, white, red, blue, and green.

Connect HD Cable box to Magnavox DVD/VHS player, to Samsung HDTV [ 1 Answers ]

My HD Cable box has the three inputs Red/Green/Blue ((Pr/Pb/Y) with a component cable that exactly matches the back of my Samsung HDTV, but I want to put the new Magnavox DVD/VCR in the middle, and it only has the red/yellow/white plug ins... I am an electronic moron and I need HELP as soon as...

No sound on new Vizio HDTV connected to cable box [ 3 Answers ]

Just connected Vizio HDTV to DCT6400 cable box provided by Comcast and no longer have sound. Would like to see diagram of proper connectivity or set up guide to find resolution.

Connecting vizio to magnavox dvd/vcr combo using cable [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect my Vizio TV to a new Magnavox DVR/VCR combo. I'm a Comcast user.

View more questions Search