Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scott Ford Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Return of Bail Bonds
    What recourse do you have if a bail bonds company will not return your money that you posted for a bail?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2007, 06:04 PM
    Hello Scott:

Well, if he is violating your agreement, sue him.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 3, 2007, 06:17 PM
    If you pay a fee to a bail bond agency for them to post a bond, you never get that money back, that is a fee you pay them, and they post a bond to get the person out. There is no "refund" of the fee when the person shows up, or no refund if he violateds and is arrested again.

What is the reason you believe you should be getting any money back from them. If you personally post the bail, ( with the court) and the person shows back up, then you get your money back, but if you are using a bail bondsmen, the money you pay them is a FEE, that is what they earn their profit for posting a bond, and that money is not returned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal entires for bonds and computing interest on bonds [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a difficult time understanding bonds. Here is a question that stumps me: Record the sale of $4 million of 10 year, 6% corporate bonds priced at 104 plus two months accrued interest. If interest payments are semiannual, and the interest expense account was debited for $53,600 when...

Dual Status Return or NR Return [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was in US 2006 on H1B since 1st May '06 to 8th May '07 along with Wife and son on H4 My earlier visits to US were as below 2002(H1b) - 92 Days 2003(H1b) - 83 Days 2004 (H1b) - 216 Days (Tax return filed as Dual status) 2005(H1b) - 0 Days 2006(H1b) - 147 Days

Return on Assets & Return on Equity [ 1 Answers ]

Question... Lily Cosmetics has annual sales of $500,000,000. They maintain a net after tax profit margin of 5% and they have a sales-to-assets ratio of 4. A) What is the Return on assets? B) If the debt/equity ratio is 0.5, what is the Return on Equity?

View more questions Search