Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magayner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Roof air pressure relief
    I will be building a 35' x 70' wood framed metal structure soon. I plan on sheeting in the roof only this year and the walls next year.
    My concern is that I'm building in a very windy area in Kansas and I'm worried about the roof blowing off.
    I plan on using hurricane straps, but I was wondering if I also need a way to relieve the air from building up pressure under the roof. Thanks for all and any ideas. -Mark
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 3, 2007, 05:27 PM
    What is the pitch of the roof? It does sound a bit like tempting disaster.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

2005 Dometic Roof Air Conditioner Fan not operating [ 2 Answers ]

2005 Sea Breese LX RV is equipped with two Roof Mounted Dometic Air Conditioners. The duct fans have stopped working even though the Air Conditioner Compreser Motors operate. When fan switch is turned on there is a humin noise but fan does not operate. The ducts are in the ceiling. I can't find...

Pressure relief switch [ 15 Answers ]

I recently installed a new pressure relief switch onto the pressure system in our home. The switch works great and there is pressure going to the tank, but there is no pressure coming through the lines. :confused:

Pressure relief valve [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I have a State Select brand water heater (40 gallon) which is about 4-5 years old. It recently has begun to leak from the pressure relief valve, and is leaking a lot:( , especially after taking a shower... Is this a simple fix of replacing the valve or something more serious? Any and all...

Water Heater Pressure Relief [ 3 Answers ]

My water heater pressure relief valve is pouring water out of the valve. Do I have a problem with the tank or do I need to turn the temperature down on the heater. More background information: We went on vacation and turned off the water heater and the water to the house. When we returned, we...

View more questions Search