Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzygrant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2014, 07:57 PM
    Found myself in a situation
    The daughter is 22yr and in the past two years that I have been seeing her father she has not made me feel welcome. Of course understanding her own personal situation I can understand certain actions she does as I am taking her daddy's attention away - how odd they seem to me. But, I can not understand when certain actions to me seem to cross the line - such as leaving her bra and panty's in her fathers room, asking her dad to zip her dress up, removing her bra for a massage, neatly folding delicate clothing items (bra, slinky top) on top of her father's guitar. Etc etc.. This I believe is odd.
    If there is anyone that can add or comment on this I be interested for views.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 7, 2014, 03:51 AM
    Has there been a past with them or is this the first signs? Also is this her real father or a step father?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 7, 2014, 03:53 AM
    Do you think the daughter is playing for attention or do you think she is trying to compete with you as a lover? The possibility that she and her father have less of a nudity taboo than you do also exists.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 7, 2014, 04:28 AM
    What is her father's reaction to this behavior ? And at 22 what is the reason she is still living at home? It appears she is competing for his attention. Whether it is sexual or not, and the items of clothing really doesn't indicate that, you have a choice to make. Either you get to the bottom of this problem that is really not yours, or just forget about this relationship which may get too much for you to handle. I would not even want to know. It isn't like she is a child.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2014, 04:46 AM
    What has the father said, when you asked him about it.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 7, 2014, 11:06 AM
    Do you also live in the home?

I would be inclined, when I found her underwear on his guitar, to say, during dinner, "Oh, somehow your underwear ended up on your dad's guitar, so I put it on your dresser for you."

You need to see how HE responds. If he lets it be known that her sexually charged behavior, for whatever reason- to get at you most likely- is okay by him, then you know what you're in for.

After two years, I would consider just how far this daughter of his, is going to go. You need a good sit down with him, and explain what you have said here, and ask him what he is willing, or unwilling, to do to make you more comfortable in his home.

I'd say two years with him qualifies you to ask some simple questions. You could very well be fighting a losing battle, and investing more of your life with this man and his daughter, is a waste of time.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 7, 2014, 11:42 AM
    How do you not ask questions after two years when you have concerns?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

File not found/server not found [ 1 Answers ]

This is quickly driving me to murder someone! I click a link to a site; sometimes it actually loads, then I get similar to shown below; or, it does not even load, I just get this: (one per alleged page load) Please help! John

Curious, came home to shower, found no hot water. Did fast check, found that the res [ 1 Answers ]

Curious, came home to shower, found no hot water. Did fast check, found that the reset button was not "popped" and with "power on" I have power to my lower element, but nothing to the upper element? Curious if the element is bad will it not show power? I do not have a continuity tester however...

Situation [ 7 Answers ]

SITUATION: Employed as an Asst. Manager but given specific hours to work each week. Never varries. Specified hours are 54 per week PLUS 42 hours on call to solve problems. When on call, I must be on the property (apartment provided) and must answer all emergency and routine calls at all hours of...

Found the actually verse of the song, but still haven't found the name =[ [ 1 Answers ]

I found one verse of the song I've been looking for ! :) But still haven't found the song!! :mad: :( :confused: Here's the verse: "cause im mr mr lonely open up the door what did i see my baby with another man right infront of me"

Situation I found myself in... [ 12 Answers ]

All right, long story short... Last year my friend's younger sister and I got pretty close. We would talk every other night if not every night on the phone and I would even drive to her college (2 hours away) to hit a movie and hang out. Well eventually I did ask her to go out on an official date,...

View more questions Search