Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    witchblade Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Brothers wife died, child not being taken care, what should I do?
    My brother's wife has died 4 weeks ago. She has a 13 year old son. The biological father died 10 years ago. The child's biological family does not want him. My brother has never filed for guardianship. My brother is stuck in grief. Has no money, house is unsanitary, the child barely attends school. He won't let any of our family members help. He is very angry and the child's basic needs are not being met. My brother just received a FINAL NOTICE from the child's school regarding the truancy issue. He made a statement "I gotta get this kid out of here!" When I suggested having the child go to our mothers for a while, he slammed the phone down on me. I want to do what's best for the child. What should I do? Will my brother lose the child if CPS comes in? Can I do anything to avoid that happening or should I call them myself?
    kimberlysmith05 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 3, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Wow, that's a hard situation. Mainly because the child isn't biologically his. I don't understand why your brother won't give him to one of you in his family, if he doesn't want him. Bottom line, the child deserves to be with someone who's going to take care of him. You may have to take matters in your own hands and call child welfare services. Your brother may be mad at you, but he will get over it. You won't be able to live with yourself if something happens to the child and you knew you could do something to help. It would be different if the child was eighteen and could fend for himself. But he's not. He's at that age where he needs help. Do the right thing. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for family.my brothers dad died. [ 12 Answers ]

My brothers dad died in a trucking wreck before he was born . My brothers name is christopher frances burns , I would love to have him meet his older siblings . His father was married before meeting my mother Gail Petit at the time. I know that his sisters names are lori burns of Pa and Kathy...

Building a child care [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know any websites for businesses that build child care centres (australia) Because I want to have prices on how much having a child care built (I have a floor plan I just want to know how much it will cost me to build it) Can anyone help?

Child care [ 2 Answers ]

We have our son in a day care two days a week while my wife works. Well we always though it was a daycare. It is done by a church and we pay them about 90 dollars a month for this I have asked them for a tax id number but they have refused. They state they are not a day care. They said that...

Child care [ 2 Answers ]

I am taking care of a child in my home for the first time. I do not know the first thing about taxes. Are there any home care providers out there who can help me out?

View more questions Search