Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loric123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2014, 04:19 PM
    My dog is not sick but throws up randomly
    I have an 8 month old puppy. We adopted her and believe she is part if not most jack russell terrier. About 4 weeks ago she started throwing up very randomly (like twice a week) She is peeing and pooping totally normally. After about 2 weeks of this random vomiting i took her to the vet and they gave her 2 shots plus some fluids. I fed her chicken and rice for about a week after the vet visit and she didn't vomit for that whole week. Then I put a little bit of her kibble into the mix and she threw it up so I thought maybe it is her kibble that was making her throw up. So i took her kibble away and just started feeding her the bland diet again. After about 4 days of just the bland diet she threw up again. So now I know it's not the kibble. She is energetic, playful and totally acting normal other than this random vomiting. There is no blood in the vomit either. It is either just a yellow bile or yellow bile with some kibble in it. Trying to find out if anyone else has had this problem with their dog and what finally was the problem.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 28, 2014, 04:50 PM
    My Jack Russell eats grass and throws up, never would have know if I hadn't of seen it. Does your JRT eat grass? I'll be honest we did nothing.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 28, 2014, 04:57 PM
    How quickly does puppy eat? Many times when a dog is perfectly healthy, but has random vomiting, it's either from eating too fast, drinking too fast, eating something it shouldn't, or playing too soon after eating or drinking.

Sadly all we can do is guess, and it seems like the vet doesn't have many answers either.

How often is puppy fed? Watch how she eats, and drinks, and watch her to see what she does before she vomits.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Mar 28, 2014, 06:16 PM
    Try putting your dogs food in a muffin tin. What this does is slow down a fast eater and they chew the food better.
    My dog as a pup did the same, and sometimes still does. He drinks too fast and eats his food like he is starving. We will call him away from his water dish and get him to take a break and then you can use the muffin tin idea or buy a special dish that does the same.
    This is only a guess and if it worsens or does not get better a call to your vet may be in order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

why would my dog randomly cry out? [ 1 Answers ]

my 4 pound chihuahua will be laying by me and just randomly cry out like he's in extreme pain I don't know why and its to late to bring him to the vet if I don't get a answer by morning I will be taking him to the vet.

What to do if my dog won't eat and when she does she throws it back up? [ 2 Answers ]

My min. Schnouzer won't eat and when she does she throws it back up. I don't have the money to take her back to the vet. I took her 2 days ago and all they did was give her fluids and then a shot to help her eat.

9 year old dog randomly peed in our house [ 1 Answers ]

WE got our amazing dog from the humane society 3 years ago, and he is now about 9 years old. He is a flat coat lab/ Bernise mtn. Dog mix. He is a great dog-housebroken, trained on an invisible fence, gets out for a run every day with me--gets a lot of attention. The first night we took him home...

My dog can't bark, sneezes and throws up flem and yello [ 40 Answers ]

My 10 year old Lab-chow used to bark loud, he tries to bark but he can't anymore. He scraches the side of his nose and is reverse and regular sneezing all day long. He is throwing up white thick stringy mucus and yellow stuff about 2 times a day. At night he is pretty good maybe a sneeze or 2. He...

View more questions Search