Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2014, 08:41 AM
    The human body has a strange way of fighting back when people use drugs or alcohol... right after the temporary numbness wears off from them... the body is even far more sensitive to the stimulous than it was before.

That's how it makes it worse... and doesn't help anything.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 27, 2014, 08:44 AM
    Its making you sound like an out of control troll. Not only hurting those that have befriended you, but also will hurt your mom to find her daughter in a drunk stupor, and breaking her trust.

No matter what you have been through, it's a BAD decision by a traumatized 15 year old, and you can do better than make a bad situation worse. Cut it out!!
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 27, 2014, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Noone2014 View Post
    I feel like I'm going to cry and I don't want to I just want to let it go for one friggin night I know it will still be there but not for now. How am I suppose to co operate I don't even know what she wants me to do I can't even look at her. I don't even like the taste of this stuff but at least I won't be able to think
    Night time is when doubts and concerns become monsters waiting to pounce. Alcohol makes them stronger and puts you in a very bad situation. No Alcohol. No Drugs.

You need to start finding better ways of coping. We have given you several options. Can you think of something that normally grabs your attention and holds it? When the anger and frustration start taking over, find a positive thought/action to focus on instead. Banish the monsters by not giving them space in your head. It takes work, but you can do it.
    Noone2014 Posts: 155, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2014, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Its making you sound like an out of control troll. Not only hurting those that have befriended you, but also will hurt your mom to find her daughter in a drunk stupor, and breaking her trust.

No matter what you have been through, it's a BAD decision by a traumatized 15 year old, and you can do better than make a bad situation worse. Cut it out!!
    Fine I don't want to hurt mum and I don't want to hurt anyone else. I don't think. I can drink I anymore of this stuff anyway it gross. I'm just being selfish think about mum. Why is it that I always have to think of everyone worry about them it doesn't work anyway they end up getting hurt. I need help I don't know what I'm doing anymore
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 27, 2014, 08:56 AM
    Another thing to share with your mom! You cannot do this alone and drugs and alcohol make it worse, so take that shower, and get some hot tea and RELAX!
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 27, 2014, 08:58 AM
    Did the police refer you to any helplines or support groups?

If you give your general location (Country/State/Territory) we might be able to help you find some on-line resources or phone numbers.

In the morning you need to let your mother know you need help dealing with this. Be honest with her. That is the main way you can get the help you want and need.
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2014, 09:02 AM
    Fine I don't want to hurt mum and I don't want to hurt anyone else. I don't think. I can drink I anymore of this stuff anyway it gross. I'm just being selfish think about mum. Why is it that I always have to think of everyone worry about them it doesn't work anyway they end up getting hurt. I need help I don't know what I'm doing anymore
    Welcome to what its like for adults... and doubly so for parents.

Children think only about themselves... what they want... whats good for them. THey really don't understand the world doesn't revolve around them and their actions affect others... good or bad.

You are just beginning to understand this... but you are still used to thinking as a child. The older you get... the less you will do that. Your mother will have put most of what she wanted asside in order to be able to give more to you and your sister. So much you really can't understand right now... but in the next 5 or 10 years.. you will really understand how much. And you will feel ashamed that you actually felt the way you do right now.

Maturity and courage is all about doing what's right, even if its not what we want, and sometimes when it hurts... if its going to help someone close to us. Nobody is closer than family.

Mar 27, 2014, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Did the police refer you to any helplines or support groups?

If you give your general location (Country/State/Territory) we might be able to help you find some on-line resources or phone numbers.

In the morning you need to let your mother know you need help dealing with this. Be honest with her. That is the main way you can get the help you want and need.
    I live in australia in adelaide. I don't really know what they said or gave mum she didn't really talk to me much but ha you grt that right
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 27, 2014, 09:06 AM
    Drinking your troubles away does not make you feel better, and if you don't even like the taste of it, it does not even make sense. You are opening yourself up to developing a horrible habit and as young as you are, you are asking for bigger trouble. Listen to those who know better than you. Do you want your mom to feel worse knowing you are now drinking? You need someone there to talk to. Ask your mom if there is a group of some sort you can join or talk to her.

Mar 27, 2014, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Welcome to what its like for adults... and doubly so for parents.

Children think only about themselves... what they want... whats good for them. THey really don't understand the world doesn't revolve around them and their actions affect others... good or bad.

You are just beginning to understand this... but you are still used to thinking as a child. The older you get... the less you will do that. Your mother will have put most of what she wanted asside in order to be able to give more to you and your sister. So much you really can't understand right now... but in the next 5 or 10 years.. you will really understand how much. And you will feel ashamed that you actually felt the way you do right now.

Maturity and courage is all about doing what's right, even if its not what we want, and sometimes when it hurts... if its going to help someone close to us. Nobody is closer than family.
    Well that's something to look forward to. I wish the world would go away right now I don't want anything revolving around me. Does it not get tiring then make you go mental always thinking of everyone putting what you want last because I'm finding it hard. I want to get drunk and make it go away but then I hurt my family and offend people who are here helping me so I won't drink anymore
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2014, 09:14 AM
    It's time to start talking to yourself in a positive way, not negatively like you've been doing. It will take some practice, but I know you can do it.

I was going to list some positive thoughts to have, but how about if YOU tell us at least three positive things you can say to yourself.

Mar 27, 2014, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    Drinking your troubles away does not make you feel better, and if you don't even like the taste of it, it does not even make sense. You are opening yourself up to developing a horrible habit and as young as you are, you are asking for bigger trouble. Listen to those who know better than you. Do you want your mom to feel worse knowing you are now drinking? You need someone there to talk to. Ask your mom if there is a group of some sort you can join or talk to her.
    I don't want to join a group and I don't want to talk to my mum about it I want to push it aside and forget and if I can't do that by drinking then I will just try myself. I had the will power not to talk to anyone for months so I can do this I just need to snap out of it I'm not this person I know I can be strong
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2014, 09:19 AM
    Well that's something to look forward to. I wish the world would go away right now I don't want anything revolving around me. Does it not get tiring then make you go mental always thinking of everyone putting what you want last because I'm finding it hard. I want to get drunk and make it go away but then I hurt my family and offend people who are here helping me so I won't drink anymore
    You night not see it this way yet... but when you are an adult... its natural to do things that way. You don't sit there and think... oh how I hate this, or oh how I hate that... you just do it because you need to do it. And it actually feels good to help others.

Mar 27, 2014, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    It's time to start talking to yourself in a positive way, not negatively like you've been doing. It will take some practice, but I know you can do it.

I was going to list some positive thoughts to have, but how about if YOU tell us at least three positive things you can say to yourself.
    Three I can't even think of one thing at the moment. The only thing I'm still here for is my sister and mum. I don't want to hurt them
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2014, 09:24 AM
    Three I can't even think of one thing at the moment. The only thing I'm still here for is my sister and mum. I don't want to hurt them
    1. "I'm here for my sister. I don't want her to get hurt too."

2. "I'm here for my mum."

Okay, good. I KNEW you could do it! I want you to think of one more.
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2014, 09:26 AM
    And those are good thoughts to be having, they will help keep your mind where it needs to be... not, I want to get drunk...

Mar 27, 2014, 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    1. "I'm here for my sister. I don't want her to get hurt too."

2. "I'm here for my mum."

Okay, good. I KNEW you could do it! I want you to think of one more.
    3. I should not complain there are people out there who have been through worse situations than me
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2014, 09:29 AM
    3. I should not complain there are people out there who have been through worse situations than me
    Hmmmm, a little iffy there with the "not" in it. Let's turn that into more of a positive. You try first. Maybe start out with "I'm going to...."
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 27, 2014, 09:32 AM
    Those are good positive thoughts and the last one is a good one and shows maturity. You will get through this. Your mom listened and took steps to change things. There are girls out there whose situation did not turn out as well, so your ahead of it already.

Mar 27, 2014, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    And those are good thoughts to be having, they will help keep your mind where it needs to be... not, I want to get drunk...
    I wanted to get drunk because if I did what I felt like doing it would hurt my mum and sister I though that if I got drunk I would not hurt anyone but myself and it would help bunt I get it it won't help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to deal with stress and depression at work? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone! Some of you know that I am working as a temp and that I bounce from office to office everyone 6-9 months. Some of the offices I have been sent to, I liked. But the one I am at now... don't like so much. My duties at this job are to "play" as a receptionist. Now my role as a temp...

How to deal with anxiety and stress? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm halfway throughout my school year and for the past 1.5 years, I haven't really been feeling like myself. My school offers the IB program, and stupidly I chose not to join it and now it's become the biggest regret I have. I thought everything would still be the same and that I'd still be...

How do I deal with post tramatic stress disorder? [ 13 Answers ]

My name is christina, I am 24. I feel like I'm 64. In the past 3 years I have lost a childhood friend to cancer, I have failed at a job, and dropped out of college. But I think the real problems started happening about 2 years ago when I was involved in an armed robbery, where I was hogged tied,...

View more questions Search