Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ratchet Spanner Posts: 36, Reputation: 4

Feb 15, 2014, 03:09 PM
    Can u re-chalk a shower ?
    Grout on my shower walls is falling out in places. Can I remove and re-grout without doing a bathroom remodel? And what king of grout would I use?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 17, 2014, 08:32 AM
    Hi RS

You sure can.

Purchase a cheap grout removal tool (see bottom image), or if you have a dremel or a multi. tool with a grout blade (see image) you can easily remove the grout and then clean and install new grout.

Any grout should do, but the best grout is an EPOXY GROUT such as spectralock grout (see image)...can't stain and should never have to worry about grout coming out or getting moldy as this stuff has a chemical reaction (and anti.microbial) that sets off and will not allow anything to adhere!

Mark
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My painting is chalk, artist unknown? [ 2 Answers ]

My painting is done with colored chalk, any ideas on artist? It is a beautiful scenery of the edge of a river with trees, and greenery. I cannot make out any initials or signature. This is drawn in full color on some type of thick paper. It was given to me b a friend.

Chalk instead of grout? [ 1 Answers ]

We recently had 2000 sq feet of tile taken up and new tile put down. The contracter did an amazing job. After two months, my husband noticed he got grout dust on his hands when he ran them down a joint. The contactor came back and took out all the grout and replaced it. (Looking at the one bag...

Chalk smell in the home [ 1 Answers ]

There is a strong odor of chalk in my home. We do not own any chalk or have seen any actual chalk in our home, yet the smell occurs randomly and is overwhelming. What could it be? Is it dangerous?

3-D sidewalk chalk art [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry; not a question, but check out some of these incredible 3-d sidewalk chalk drawings: http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/pave.htm .

View more questions Search