Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pioji Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2014, 03:11 PM
    Created/funny ways to announce pregnancy
    So we just found out we having a baby and I totally believe we should wait until the 3rd month to announce it, but since we are going to visit family out of the country I want to tell them personal, but we want to make it in a creative/funny memorable way... Any ideas? I already seen the "coming soon" and all that. But looking for more. Thanks in advance!
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Feb 4, 2014, 06:09 PM
    My friend purchased T-shirts for her family members with "grandma 2014" etc. printed on them. They were excited to get them.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 4, 2014, 06:20 PM
    I've seen a few creative ways to announce that you're pregnant. If you're far enough along, and have had an ultrasound and a picture of said ultrasound, putting that picture in an envelope with "guess what's happening" is a great way to announce you're pregnant.

Having said that, I do get why some people wait for the 3rd month. Most people think that past the 12 week mark, they're safe, so they can announce it without fear of miscarriage.

I don't want to be a downer, but my third child, I lost at exactly 12 weeks due to miscarriage. My neighbor gave birth to a stillborn 2 weeks before her due date. It happens. :(

I told everyone we were pregnant, and because of that, I had tons of support when I miscarried.

If you're superstitious, I get that, sort of. But really, announcing it now won't change whatever happens. And if you're unlucky enough to miscarry, or deliver a still born, support is important. So I say tell everyone! There's really no reason to wait. Having said that, there's also no reason to think that things will end badly.

Congrats. Enjoy your pregnancy. It's an amazing experience. :)
    pioji Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2014, 01:17 PM
    Thank Alty for sharing your experience and I'm sorry to hear that. :( I know people that lost their babies past that time too, but I mean family is okay to say and really close friends, but I do not want to post it on Facebook yet you know?
    Thanks, I do not have an ultrasound yet, so looking for other ways :)

Thanks teacherjenn4, I seen that idea and really liked it, but Im leaving tomorrow I don't have time to do that :( thanks though.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 5, 2014, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pioji View Post
    Thank Alty for sharing your experience and I'm sorry to hear that. :( I know people that lost their babies past that time too, but I mean family is okay to say and really close friends, but I do not want to post it on Facebook yet you know?
    Thanks, I do not have an ultrasound yet, so looking for other ways :)

Thanks teacherjenn4, I seen that idea and really liked it, but Im leaving tomorrow I don't have time to do that :( thanks though.
    I'm sorry if I was a downer. I hope you don't spend your entire pregnancy worrying because of what I posted. Please don't do that. Enjoy it, every moment of it. It really is a miraculous experience, every moment of it. I have two very healthy kids, and had two non-eventful pregnancies. The third just wasn't meant to be, for whatever reason.

I do get not posting it on Facebook, but do share it with family and close friends. A new life coming into the world is something to celebrate, and those that love you should be in on the celebration.

With my first pregnancy I gave my husband the home pregnancy test. That was my way of telling him. Sadly he didn't know what it meant. He didn't even know what it was. Kind of took the air out of my surprise. It's like having to explain a joke, makes the joke not as funny. ;)

With my second pregnancy I just told him flat out. With the third, the only one that wasn't planned, I cried. I thought he'd be upset. The other two were planned, months and months of trying with each, 10 months with my second. You would have thought that the news of those pregnancies would have been no big deal, but with the first two, those we were trying for, he went white when I told him. He panicked. With the third, one night of reckless abandon, I thought for sure he'd flip out. He didn't. He was totally calm, and so excited.

Men really are hard to figure out. ;)

Maybe buy a rattles. One pink, one blue, put them in a box, wrap it up, and inside the box put a note saying "What's your guess"?

Sorry, I wish I had something really unique to offer. I'm sure you'll find something, and again, congrats. :)
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Feb 6, 2014, 09:47 AM
    When you get to your destination, you could secretly put a bun in their oven - literally. Leave the oven door open, then someone would say - hey, why is there a bun in the oven? Something like that. (Or you could take a picture of a bun in an oven and hand it out... )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the other ways to avoid pregnancy except the use of condom? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello doctor.. I'm getting married very soon and my husband don't want to use condom during our first night as it will be the very first experience for both of us.. Also we don't want a baby near about 2 yrs.. So to avoid pregnancy, what are the ways (except the use of condom)? Will it be OK if I...

Does employer have he right to announce employees illness' without permission? [ 12 Answers ]

While at our annual meeting, in the midst of explaining increased health care costs, my employer asked where I (by name) was sitting and proceeded to tell me and everyone else that "You are not allowed to have a heart attack or cancer anymore". Is this against HIPAA laws in the workplace? Privacy...

View more questions Search