Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cbp1958 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2014, 02:59 PM
    How to bid on a new construction clean
    How much should I charge for a new construction clean on a 15,000 sf building, glass doors and window cubicles in and out, spot clean carpet in 500 sf area
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2014, 05:37 PM
    This commonly asked question cannot be answered. We have no idea of what you will be doing and you should not be bidding this work unless you have an idea of HOW to do it. How much do you want to make? What is material and labor costs?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2014, 12:43 PM
    Never saw new construction that needed carpet cleaned. As Brian stated there are to many things to be considered. Get a list from building manager/contractor and make up a proposal listing all items with the amount you want to be paaid.

Chuck
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 17, 2014, 01:05 PM
    I will say this every time I see a thread like this pop up...

If you have to ask how to estimate jobs like these then you have no business taking jobs like these... period! You are almost surely doomed to failure if you think you can find really helpful information from web sites like this.

The ONLY way to personally estimate jobs like this is to work hard for years, starting with small jobs and working your way up to where you have the knowledge and experience to bid a job properly... and even then, with unknowns like weather, theft, employee issues and difficulty with payment schedules and all the other silly things that happen and it is always still hard to be sure you will make the right money!

Otherwise, you could always hire an experienced estimator and share a percentage of the job with him/her (I never liked the thought of this... estimator could have a bad day and then what? )!

Harsh? Maybe, but it may save you from losing $1000.00s...;)

Good luck!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How2 bid $$$$ of construction clean up rough, and final (only one cleaner) Miami, [ 0 Answers ]

I am doing my first commercial clean up during construction and post construction and offered me 250$ for the first one , its about 4-5K sq ft. Am I getting ripped off? And please I need a list of tasks so I can know exactly what detail I will need to do in each phase and room but I am not sure...

Writing a bid for cleaning homes & construction clean up [ 1 Answers ]

I am needing help on how to write up a bid for residential cleaning and construction clean up..

What to bid on construction clean up job [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am starting my own construction-cleanup business but I am having a little trouble in the bidding department. I am not sure what to charge. If I should charge per square foot what is an average rate? Windows would be extra charge as well. I live in Maine. Also would like to know if anyone knows...

Submitting a bid for a home construction clean-up. [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to submit a bid for a exclusive large home, construction clean. I do not know how to write one to submit. I have an idea on the charge, but any points would help. Thank you

View more questions Search