Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Confuzzledmonkey Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Am I anorexic?
    Well I'm apparntly the perfect weight for my height but recently I've stopped eating much at meals and skipping breakfast, I snack a little, but I'm feeling constantly hungry. I'm really worried because I was told that these are the first signs of anorexia
    willywonka22002 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzledmonkey
    well I'm apparntly the perfect weight for my hieght but recently I've stopped eating much at meals and skipping breakfast, I snack a little, but I'm feeling constantly hungry. I'm really worried because I was told that these are the first signs of anorexia
    I really shouldn't be answering this question as I am currently eating chips and burgers... but only because there is nothing left in the house.

But I have a mate who is probably a lot worse than you, it took me ages to convince her she needs to eat or she will be poorly and just sick generally.

So anyway I think you'll be okay because people with anorexia usually won't admit it in anyway shape or form. If you're hungry eat, don't let anything stop you it you will feel better as long as you eat a balanced diet and exercise you will look loads more healthier than if you starve yourself. Your skin, hair, mood will all be better just don't worry about it keep eating a good variety of food and make sure you exercise loads.

If you are still worried then count how many calories you are getting and make sure you don't drop below 2000 and definitely not below 1500 because that is really bad... to do that whole size zero thing you have to starve yourself and keep yourself under 1000 calories that's when you come close to death... so keep above 2000 if you are not get to the doctors
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Why are you skipping breakfast? Breakfast fuels the day and it is an important part of the day's nutrition. When you are hungry, eat something healthy. If you do not want to eat three meals a day, switch to six small meals a day. It keeps you energizer throughout the day and you are not in danger of overeating. My youngest son is on two diets - one for Acid Reflux and one for Celiac Disease. His diet was swtiched to six meals a day and he is not so starved in between eating as he used to be. His snacks are healthy and so is he.

Check with your doctor and ask for a consult to a dietician or nutritionist. That person can explain your calorie intake and how to achieve that in positive food choices, that will keep you from being hungry and yet allow you to maintain your weight goal.

Not eating is not a good choice.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Breakfast is one meal you should't be skipping. It really fuels your body for the rest of the day. A quick bowl of grain cereal or oatmeal will give you a good start, along with some juice or fruit you'll feel a lot better and have more energy for the rest of the day. So if you can, try putting this back on your list of things you should change. By skipping real meals your slowing up your metabolism and its not a great idea, try snacking on healthy foods, like raw veggies, or a quick salad. Fruits and a cup of yogurt. If your not into a compete meal make up a wheat sandwich with turkey, lettuce, tomatoes sprouts, etc, pile on the veggies, eat this with some low fat milk and fruit. But try to do this along with a least one good meal, with lean chicken breast, or turkey or fish. It just sounds like, if your constantly hungry, your not getting the proper nutrients and/or serving sizes for your body.
    shopaholic Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Apr 15, 2007, 06:18 AM
    Im not a professional in any way but I am experienced in it, as I have gone through it all before. So I hope my experience can help you.

Right. What you need to ask yourself is why you are not eating as much in the first place?
    If your stressed or upset it can effect your eating habits, some people eat more, some can't face eating much at all. But if you think your over weight when you are obviously the correct weight, then that's when you have body issues.

But from personal experience it doesn't sound like your anorexic, but it can always esculate to it if you don't try and eat healthy and regulary. If the thought of food doesn't disgust you and you can eat snacks then you seem to have a healthy relationship with food. You should always eat breakfast as well as it gets the digestive system going for the rest of the day and will help you eat more in the day.

Anorexia is a disease and it is an illness which effects the way you look at your body, no matter how much weight you lose (if that's your motive for not eating) you will never be happy, you will always think your overweight whether you weight 9st or 6st.

If you still can't face eating, and your weight begins to depleat then you should see a professional, it helped me, and I am a healthy weight, and don't be afraid to seek real help as it is more common than you think in the 21st century.

Xkx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search