Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peacemaker129 Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Jan 11, 2014, 11:29 AM
    Too Much Blood Loss?
    My name is Samantha and I am 17 years old. I am 5'7 and weigh abut 125lbs. About a month ago I received the birth control shot known as the Depo Shot (supposed to last 3 months before the next shot) in order to steady my period and obviously, be protected. I have been on my period for almost an entire month now. I have been losing blood like crazy, I called my doctor, but had to speak with a nurse about a week ago and all she had to say was "That's normal". I have a doctors appointment this upcoming Thursday to speak with my actual doctor but I wanted advice from someone who knows something about this or has gone through it. Someone I work with mentioned that her friend had this and had to be put on hormone pills to get her to stop her period. I sometimes get dizzy when I stand up and I am always weak, all I ever do anymore is sleep and when I wake up I'm still tired and weak, everyone says it's because I'm a teenager but I am worried about myself. I don't plan on getting this shot or type of birth control ever again. I feel like I am just falling to pieces. I also take depression medication called Fluoxetine and I'm not sure if that hurts or help the situation any, but it might mean something. I just don't feel like myself and my period has not lightened up, it seems to be the regular flow that it's always been, but lasting longer. Please give me some helpful feed back, even if it's just telling me I'm not going to die. Thank you so much. Xo
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 11, 2014, 11:48 AM
    The nurse was correct. This is normal for some women on Deposit Provera. You may need to consider an alternative method of birth control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a high volume of blood loss stunt growth? [ 2 Answers ]

How much blood do hospitals take from you for admission(volume)? Can a high volume of blood loss stunt growth? I remember it being like 2 sets of 4 cylindrical containers each time I was admitted like 6 or 7 times in a span of a year because my parents are so f-ing stupid, they thought I was...

Very bad blood loss [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I had a baby neally 4months ago and I had a really bad birth and my baby was born naturally double breech (bum first) and ever since I have had my little girl I have had really bad stomach pain and weird periods, but I knew that was normal but last for 2days straight I have bleed really badly I...

View more questions Search