Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mackhe12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Main Electrical Panel
    We want to add a deck off our master bedroom. The main electrical box/outside will have to be away from the house it will be in the way. There is no where to move it on the back of our house, too many windows and doors. Were can we move it? How far? Can we attach to a pole, garage, or a shed? We thought we could run it underground, is that correct? We know we will have to have the electrical company drop the line and an electrician hook it all back up, but what can we do ourselves to save some money? We are just wondering what our options are?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2007, 12:56 PM
    It can be placed at any one of the locations you mention. "It " can be underground, I assume you mean the feeder from the meter to the house panel.

There are too many variables without knowing all the details or seeing a sketch to offer any advice as to what you can do for yourself, besides digging trenches, and whatever the electrician will allow you to do, since he will be the permitee, and responsible for the entire installation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between Main Lug and Main Breaker Panel [ 8 Answers ]

What is the difference between a Main Breaker Panel and a Main Lug Panel and can either be used in new residential construction.

Main Services Panel [ 1 Answers ]

Do`s Anyone Know Were To Find A Two Meter Pedastole Pannel "main Service' So Two Dwellings Can Have There Own Meter. You Know Power Comes From The Pole Then To The Pedastole And Then To Two Mobile Homes

Moving Main Electrical Panel [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All You Very Helpful People I Am Wanting To Move My Main Electrical Panel Literally Around A Corner Less Than 1' Away Any Suggestions? Thanks Marianne

Main Service Panel needs [ 9 Answers ]

I ran across this site accidentally today and found someone who had many of the same issues I need help with. Most of my questions were answered reading the forum however I have one more, using the following information I am hoping someone can help. The existing house is apx. 2300 sq ft w/a 200...

Sub Panel with a main in Position 2,4, 6 [ 2 Answers ]

My question concerns panel boards where the main breaker takes up two or three positions on the panel board. If I use a main in position 2,4,6 the corresponding positions 1,3,5 have to be left blank according to code.

View more questions Search