Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bestax1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2005, 12:08 PM
    Unexpected c-tree(R) error #215
    The problem occurs just after logging into win2000, if I click OK in the error box I get a blank screen for a few seconds & then the desktop reappears, followed shortley by the error again

If I don't click OK in the error box I can use the PC as normal but it is very laggy

The problem does not occur in safe mode
    tasha326 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2005, 05:47 AM
    Re:
    Hello Dan!
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2005, 05:15 AM
    Sounds like one of your startup processes is causing an error. I couldn't tell you which one though. Try loading up MSConfig (Start >> Run >> type "MSConfig" and hit enter/OK) and seeing what's on the startup tab. Try disabling a few & restarting. If you don't get the error, you had just disabled the problem process. Keep using trial and error till you can determine what the problem process is. Then try reinstalling or removing whatever this program is.
    bestax1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2005, 07:15 AM
    Cheers for the reply: I figured out that it was the backweb component of f-secure antivirus that was causing the problem.

A quick reinstall later and things are fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

W-2 and unexpected 1099 from the same employer [ 7 Answers ]

I was working with an employer on H1b as full time. Employer also paid me re-imbursements (substantial amount) for my expenses during the year as expenses. I had got W-2 from my employer and now the employer has sent me 1099-Misc for the expenses re-imbursements. Is it legal? Why he did not tell...

Unexpected 1099-C [ 2 Answers ]

Today, four days after filing my 2005 Federal taxes, I received what looks like a valid 1099-C in an amount equal to the balance ($5,200.00) from an auto repossesion in January, 2003. Since I've filed, what's the likely action by the IRS ? Should I wait until I see what happens, or file an...

Unexpected visitors [ 12 Answers ]

How should I handle family members who show up at my door unexpectedly. I have asked them repeatedly to call first to see if their visit is convenient for me, but for some reason they refuse to respect my wishes. Please advise. joycesewandsew

Which red maple tree? [ 1 Answers ]

PLease help me decide which red maple tree to plant. I live in Greensboro, NC and the site is in full sun with somewhat clay soil. I am looking for a beautiful fiery red tree with a good shape. I am confused about the cultivars "October Glory", Autumn Flame, or Red Sunset. The pictures I have...

Dogwood tree [ 1 Answers ]

My dogwood tree never has many blooms on it. Is it lacking fertilizer of some kind?

View more questions Search