Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Launch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2013, 06:48 AM
    Could you tell me if this passport is genuine?
    Hello, I have been chatting on the internet with a girl and we would both like her to come to the uk... I have paid for a visa and passport through an agency but the visa and plane tickets have not materialised. The agency also provided the passport and I am now doubting that it is genuine could you help me please?
    If it is and we need a visa, can this be purchased in the uk and sent to her??
    Attached Images

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 18, 2013, 06:58 AM
    99,9 percent of all online love and dating from Ghana is fake. How much did you pay for a passport and visa ? I will assume about 10 times actual cost.

No , she needs to apply to the embassy in ghana for visa, do not worry, until you stop sending money, they will keep talking and asking for more. And more.

The passport will be photo shopped. Some of them very professoinal. Others will buy and use real passports.

I bet she seldom used video cam ?

there are sticky's about this scam. the issue is, no way to check and verify. but the con is same all the time.

I even toured some of the businesses, men have large offices set up with dozens of workers, working three shifts. so the person email you one day, may be other person another day, they just real past messages and follow a scrpt.

They use a few girls, and their photos, who are paid to be on video sometimes. but to photo shop this is easy,
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2013, 06:58 AM
    Its from Ghana, it was an "Internet date", which means its almost certainly a scam...she's not real..its not real and your money has been wasted.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 18, 2013, 07:56 AM
    FAKE !!!!
    Seriously if you are having these sorts of doubts then listen to them.
    Have fun by all means, but once they start asking for cash then it's time to bail.
    Launch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2013, 09:01 AM
    Many thanks folks.. it is what I feared so that will save me any further expense.. Chuck: I paid £800 for the visa and passport plus £500 to go into her account insupport of the visa and that was before uncle got poorly! And your right all communication has been thro' Messenger and photos.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 18, 2013, 09:04 AM
    Her uncle got sick? She will now start asking for money for medical expenses. Date women you can actually meet locally.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 18, 2013, 09:19 AM
    It's a good looking passport except you can tell that the picture was added after.

As others have said, this is a scam. She will ask you next for money to help the uncle. If you do that, then the next thing will be that she is on her way to see you but she will need some sort of fees to actually leave the country.

Sorry...many people fall for this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2013, 06:39 AM
    I agree, the bigger groups, will do a better job on the photo shop. They can make passports, that at least when scaned and emailed will look better than real.

But yes fake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find out if a passport is genuine or not of a ghanian women [ 17 Answers ]

I wonder if anybody could tell me ,how do I check the true identity of a girl in ghana ,we have been chatting for over a year now and she wants to come to england and marry me ,but with all the fake ,that's going on in ghana I want to be 100% sure she's genuine

Is it genuine? [ 4 Answers ]

FIFAWORLD CUP& ICC CRICKET AWARD 2010 Posted: 2010-05-17 by nazia Send email Mobile from ICC Mobile Draw UK Dear, I got a message from SAFA 2010 that I am one of the lucky winner who won a250000 (GBP) and once they sent their Diplomat and I returned him back because he asked me to clear the...

Is she genuine or not? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All, Got into another trouble, l have been posting different topics about my relationships till now and now I'm into another trouble, This time I'm in a 2way relationship. To get into detail, One of my Colleagues Started spending time with me. She has had relationship for 4years and then...

Is it a genuine. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi... I am sravan... 2 days a go I got a mail from ">EMAIL REMOVED<" mail. So I responded with the detials given and I was surprised seeing that.. according to the details in that my8 ID's was screened by computer among 900 crore mail ID's from diffferent parts of countries.. I have responded...

Non genuine XP [ 4 Answers ]

I have a non genuine windows xp pro and every time I boot , there's a startup saying this copy of windows is not genuine and no longer eligible of receiving security upgrades from Microsoft. By the way , I already removed the WGAtray in notification bar,id like to know how to remove this startup...

View more questions Search