Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CarlaBug Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2013, 12:01 AM
    10dpo
    I am 9 or 10 DPO the last couple days even when I am hungry I can barely eat half the time. I get sick when I eat certain foods that I normally like. Yes I smoke and here lately every time I puff one I gag (I will stop if I know I am pregnant) I took 2 HPTs but both negative neither one was taking with first morning urine and the tests were only an 88cent walmart test. I have also been discharging a lot, white milky sometimes thin and clear I had a pelvic exam last month so no infections. I Am constantly hungry for some reason. I am very tired during the day I could almost sleep all day. Me and my husband have been Trying to conceive so I'm hoping I am but I believe all my symptoms are just me getting my hopes up, except the discharge it gets so bad I feel like AF has hit but it isn't due until the 21st. Does it sound like I could be pregnant?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Dec 16, 2013, 02:12 PM
    Have you missed your period yet? I don't understand your acronyms DPO and AF. Please explain them.

Dec 17, 2013, 04:31 AM
    DPO means days past ovulation and AF means Aunt Flo meaning period

Dec 17, 2013, 04:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    Have you missed your period yet? I don't understand your acronyms DPO and AF. Please explain them.
    DPO=days past ovulation and AF= Aunt Flo meaning menstrual period
    No my period isn't due until the 21st
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 17, 2013, 05:25 AM
    You will have to wait until your period is 2 weeks late before testing using first morning urine.

Dec 17, 2013, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    You will have to wait until your period is 2 weeks late before testing using first morning urine.
    Umm pregnancy test can detect earlier then 2 weeks after your period is late
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Dec 17, 2013, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaBug View Post
    Umm pregnancy test can detect earlier then 2 weeks after your period is late
    That is correct.

The kicker is how the tests work. They have an indicator in there which will turn colours when exposed to a certain hormone. That is the Second line, cross, or what not that appears depending on the test. The kicker is that there needs to be a certain amount of this hormone in your urine for the indicator to turn colour. A small amount will not show up, a larger amount will.

If you miss your period by one day you might not have enough hormone in your urine to test. If you miss by a week you may but probably won't. If you wait two weeks then you'll have a good amount in there. It is accurate to say that the earlier you test, the higher chance of a false negative. It is also accurate to say that there is wiggle room for when a woman's period starts. Missing a period by a day or two shouldn't be blinked at. More often then not it isn't unless you REALLY need to pay attention to when the period comes, for example you had unprotected sex. Waiting that extra time allows any normal delay to run out and the period to come if you're not pregnant.

The longer your wait the better chance of having a good amount of this hormone in your urine. The early morning urine is a little more concentrated as well so you're more likely to get an accurate result. As well you will know that the period has been solidly missed.

Dec 18, 2013, 04:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    That is correct.

The kicker is how the tests work. They have an indicator in there which will turn colours when exposed to a certain hormone. That is the Second line, cross, or what not that appears depending on the test. The kicker is that there needs to be a certain amount of this hormone in your urine for the indicator to turn colour. A small amount will not show up, a larger amount will.

If you miss your period by one day you might not have enough hormone in your urine to test. If you miss by a week you may but probably won't. If you wait two weeks then you'll have a good amount in there. It is accurate to say that the earlier you test, the higher chance of a false negative. It is also accurate to say that there is wiggle room for when a woman's period starts. Missing a period by a day or two shouldn't be blinked at. More often then not it isn't unless you REALLY need to pay attention to when the period comes, for example you had unprotected sex. Waiting that extra time allows any normal delay to run out and the period to come if you're not pregnant.

The longer your wait the better chance of having a good amount of this hormone in your urine. The early morning urine is a little more concentrated as well so you're more likely to get an accurate result. As well you will know that the period has been solidly missed.
    Thank u (:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge for half a day 10dpo and cramps [ 3 Answers ]

My period was June 3rd, ovulated around the 17th. June 27th I had brown discharge for half a day only and nothing since. Ive been having small intermittant cramps or "pulling" sensations in lower abdomen. And sometimes I'm having more then usual whitish discharge. No itching or smell or anything. ...

View more questions Search