Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lexus4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Could I be pregnant?
    I believe the last time I got my period was Feb 26. It' now March 31st and I have been feeling since last week that I'm going to get my period but I haven't yet. My lower back hurts, I feel a bit bloated. I took a home pregnancy test on March 27th, it came out negative.I took another one yesterday which was March 30th, that came out negative. But I still haven'tgotten my period. I keep feeling the sensation like I'm going to get my period but I just haven't. Anyone got an answer?:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 31, 2007, 02:53 PM
    First thing I need to know is your age. Age can play a role in hormonal imbalances that can cause your periods to be late. Also, are you or have you been on any form of birth control. If so, what kind and for how long.

Once I know the answers to these questions I will be able to give you a better answer.
    lexus4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 03:08 PM
    I am 29, and no I'm not on any birth control.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 31, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Thanks, that helps a lot.

Now, at 29 your hormones are pretty well settled down and are at the range that is normal for you.

However, you are actually only a few days late by the calendar, remember we lost a couple of days in February since it was not a leap year. Remember that February only had 28 days last month. Your body does not know that LOL.

Periods can be a few days late with nothing to worry over, and you are not yet at the "lateness" that would warrant being worried.

If your period does not come in, say, another week, then try taking a HPT using first morning urine. They do tend to give more false negatives than false positives. So, if it still comes up negative, it would be in your best interest to make an appointment with your doctor to have a serum blood test taken.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't get pregnant? [ 11 Answers ]

I have been with my BF for a year now and been having unprotected sex for 4 good months and I can't get pregnant. When I have finished having sex all white stuff comes out of me is this why I can't get pregnant?:confused: Sorry for all the detail please answer asap:) :)

Can't get pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Why can't I get pregnant even though I have three girls:confused:

Am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know if I'm pregnant I haven't had my period in 1 month. My nipples hurt! But I have no other symptoms can I be pregnant??

Am I pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

My Period Came On The 9th Of Feb And Ended On The 13th. I Had Intercouse On The 21st. Is It A Possibility That I Can Become Preganat

Pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

See I hv done sex unprocted sex with a guy in September mid around 16 or 17 that was my 4 th day of period but we don't hv intercouse will I be pregnant but I had my periods next month that in October will I become pregnant please help

View more questions Search