Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mamklpx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2013, 09:42 AM
    What are my rights as a father to an unborn child?
    My wife came to the USA and shortly after got pregnant. Four months later she decided to leave the country with 15 weeks into the pregnancy to Mexico. I have tried to send her emails, call her and her parents and I have no response. I know that the law states that in the USA she cannot have an abortion after 13 weeks and in Mexico legally cannot have an abortion after 12. She keeps playing games and in the last message said that it was her final choice on what she was going to do. I feel that if she is going to have the baby or not I have the right to know. For the moment I only have the address of her mom and am planning to sue her through a lawyer in Mexico. Am I doing the right thing?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 28, 2013, 09:58 AM
    Under US law you have no rights to the child until its born. Since you are married to the mother, you are presumed to be the legal father. Once the child is born, you will have the same rights as any father. But you will need to go to court to enforce those rights.
    mamklpx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2013, 12:16 PM
    What are my rights in finding out if am going to be a father.
    I recently made a question similar to this one due to the following same problem. My wife took off pregnant to Mexico and she left me no sighn if she was going to have my child or not. I emagine that I will have to make a law sue so I can find out where I am standing. Is this correct? Also I only have her mothers address so I was hoping to make the law sue send to her mother's address, could this be the right way to go about it?Thank you for you support.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 28, 2013, 01:07 PM
    @mamklpx. It doesn't serve any purpose to start another post for the same subject. Scott will probably merge your posts, and he did answer the first time.

In order to receive qualified answers, please keep this all in one thread.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...her-776932.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the father of my unborn child have any rights? [ 23 Answers ]

I am currently in a relationship with a man who is the father of my unborn child and he has expressed that the only way he will support me is if I have an abortion. Unfortunately because of my moral belief and standing I cannot bring myself to do this, and he knows this. We had a discussion about...

Rights of unborn child for Father [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-girlfriend - is 8 months pregnant and jumped from 2nd floor balcony - attempt suicide or homicide - and left her 18 month unattended in the apartment - she had a 5150 hold and was determined it was a Isolated Incident - Do I have any rights? I want to protect my unborn baby - he has no voice...

I want my unborn child'd father to sign his rights over [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, Im not sure how this all works, but. I was dating this guy and a month into the relationship I ended up pregnant. When I was about 3 months pregnant we broke up. He declares that the baby is not his (even though it is) he doesn't believe me. He wants a DNA test done to see if it is and if it is...

What rights do I have as a father to an unborn child? [ 2 Answers ]

I was recently dating a woman for a very short period and she became pregnant very quickly and I have no doubt at all that this is my child. Since we found out about our unborn child, we have decided to go our separate ways and try, for the sake of our child to be civil. Over the last couple of...

Can father of my unborn child receive custody or visitation rights after child is bor [ 5 Answers ]

I am pregnant and the babies father is going after custody or visitation when the child is born. He is very abusive and does have a violent record from the past. He is been making many threats towards me and my unborn child. He has even stated that once he has the child in his hands he stated that...

View more questions Search