Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PTSAZ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2013, 01:23 PM
    Why does my shower not get hot water?
    Why can we get hat water out of the tub faucet but as soon as we switch it to the shower its lukewarm at best?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 27, 2013, 01:31 PM
    Hi Ptsaz

Is there a separate control for the shower and a separate control for the tub? If so, there my be a temperature limiting device in the shower control.

If this is one valve that controls both tub and shower then I am not sure what causes the problem, but to resolve it usually requires replacing the entire mixing cartridge. Calling the manufacturer's tech. support dept. directly could help in this case...

Mark
    SpaParts Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Nov 28, 2013, 10:32 AM
    Check out the temperature controller if its adjusted properly or not. You need to check out the inflow and outflow of the pipes.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 28, 2013, 10:48 AM
    Spaparts

The temperature controller could be an issue IF there was a problem with both the tub and the shower, but that does not appear to be the case here.

As stated by me earlier, if there is a separate control for the shower and a separate control for the tub then the temperature limiting device in the shower control could be the issue, but we need more information here... ;)

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is new 50 gal. Hot water tank running out of hot water during a 14 minute shower? [ 4 Answers ]

Drip tube needed replacing in 4 year old 50 gal. tank so we did that but it did not fix the problem. With a full tank 1 person could have about a 7 minute shower as hot as you want it but then you have to start turning off the cold to make the shower go 15 minutes. Next we replaced the tank with...

No hot water in shower and water heater affects both cold and hot water flow [ 1 Answers ]

1. No hot water coming from shower even though there is hot water coming from face basin in same bathroom and throughout the house( moen plumbing) 2. when water heater valve to house is turned off the cold water and hot water from shower does not flow, yet in other faucets throughout the house...

Low pressure in shower both hot and cold side. New hot water heater, new shower, [ 2 Answers ]

I have no water pressure in my new shower. I have a new hot water heater, new shower fixture, new plumbing. Please tell me what the problem is.

No hot water from thermostatic mixer shower. Hot water coming from all other taps. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Yesterday out of the blue my mixer shower went cold. All the other taps in the house have hot water and the boiler seems fine. The hot pipe leading to the shower is still hot it just doesn't seem to be coming through. This is the shower I've got.. Homebase - Make a House a Home Any...

View more questions Search