Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vdself Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2013, 01:12 PM
    weak water pressure
    Please tell me what would cause my water pressure for hot water be very weak and the cold water pressure is normal.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 27, 2013, 01:20 PM
    Attach a hose to the drain on the water heater and open the drain... how is the pressure? Does it start strong and then weaken? If so, then something to do with the cold water supply into the water heater is causing your hot water issue (shut off valve or the cold water nipple). If flow out the hose stays strong then the issue is at the hot water nipple out of the heater, a shut off after the hot water nipple, or it could even be your pipes (if old and galvanized).

Start there...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Well water pressure, strong then weak [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! My daughter's normal 30 min shower turned in to an hour this morning!! I have a 40 year old home on a crawl space. The system has a bladder type pressure tank, a reasonably new water softener, a new water heater, and a submersible well pump. I have performed the recommended routine...

Weak water pressure in my mobilehome [ 4 Answers ]

I live in a 1999 Fleetwood mobilehome/manufactured home situated in a mobile home park. I had the office personnel check the water pressure outside my house and they said it was fine. When I turn on my water anywhere in the house initially the pressure is strong then a second later the pressure...

Weak bathtub water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

First time poster! I have a Moen single handle tub/shower similar to this model: http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/t2393pt.pdf I don't have an exact model # (I can take pictures if needed). Single story house and all other hot water output is acceptable. This tub takes about 10 minutes to fill...

Weak water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I just moved into our new home and the shower has very weak water pressure. What could be the problem?

Water pressure in toilet is really weak [ 3 Answers ]

We have 2 bathrooms in our house.. 1 toilet works fine, no real problems.. but the other toilet is very weak in terms of water pressure. What's the best way to get it going again? Thanks

View more questions Search