Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wrdznpix Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2013, 12:02 PM
    Replacing shower faucet stems eye
    Found the correct Danco replacement stems - 4Z-24H/C.
    The package says "hot and cold stem for American Standard. I replaced the hot and cold stems, but the cold stem now turns the opposite way - backwards. Is there an adjustment on the stem to get it to turn t he other way?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2013, 01:35 PM
    I imagine they open turning counterclockwise. You can't adjust or change since the body threads are made that way. Did the stems have levers or knobs?
    Wrdznpix Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2013, 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    I imagine they open turning counterclockwise. You can't adjust or change since the body threads are made that way. Did the stems have levers or knobs?
    . No but they have stops. I think I figured it out though. The stop can be moved by pulling a small clip off the stem. I think that will change the direction of the handle and stem. Thanks!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2013, 03:13 PM
    These are not threaded stems, they are like Delta. Move the plastic stop around 180 degrees.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should faucet stems be open or closed when replacing [ 4 Answers ]

My husband is replacing the tub faucet stems; he is wanting to know if the new stem should be open or closed position when installing; Have installed them in the closed position and the water is very hard to turn on; (have to got buy another set of new handles first set broke when I tried...

Replacing Valve Stems in Tub/Shower [ 3 Answers ]

I was asked by my neighbor to replace the valve stems in the tub/shower because you first must turn the handles almost all the way out to get water and second when the water comes out it is very slow. My question is is this the fault of the valve stems?

Bathroom faucet drip after replacing all stems [ 4 Answers ]

Price pfister three stem bathtub faucets. I replaced the hot, cold, and shower diverter, but now the tub spout drips fast. Have reinstalled all three new stems again checking washers and making tight. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Replacing Shower Valve Stems/Seats [ 1 Answers ]

Since the valve stems don't have a brand name anywhere on them I am concerned I may get the wrong size or thread type. Are plumbing parts consistent all across the board? I just can't seem to get this drip to stop completely. I can slow it down, but the washer ends up getting wrecked in about 3...

Replacing Shower Knobs & Stems [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently renting a condo that the landlord had bought replacement knobs for the shower before moving, but didn't have time to install them. He is out of state. I tried putting them on but they were the wrong ones and I happened to strip the brass parts that the knobs tighten up to. When I...

View more questions Search