Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjsebes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2013, 09:58 PM
    Basement toilet does not drain properly
    My basement setup consists of a toilet on one of those platforms with the enclosed pump in a tower to the right of it, about a foot taller than the platform. I'm not sure if it's a Zoeller QuikJon, but it looks almost exactly like it...
    Zoeller Company's QuikJon puts a toilet anywhere, like a basement, ect.

I just replaced the pump because I was having issues with the previous one. The bowl will not evacuate properly. Most of the time it would barely drain. Water would fill but there'd be almost no flush. But once or twice I've seen it completely drain to where there was just a bit of water left. When the pump kicks on the water will drain slightly. I'm not sure but could this be a clog? I snaked it, but got almost nothing. Maybe it wasn't aggressive enough?

Thanks for your ideas.
    Chris
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 26, 2013, 02:34 PM
    Hi Chris

If you didn't reset the toilet then I have to assume that the toilet is clogged... use a closet auger tool and work the snake in the toilet back and forth NUMEROUS TIMES.

Otherwise, you may need to lift the toilet and see what is getting hung up at the outlet of the toilet (or the toilet flange).

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement Toilet will not Drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently purchased a home with a basement bathroom. The toilet is mouted flush to the slab. The toilet would not drain when flushed. Here is what I have done to date to correct the issue: 1.) Used a 3' snake to clean the toilet-No result 2) Removed the toilet and cleaned...

Basement Toilet Drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am putting a bathroom in my basement, which is already stubbed in. When I cut the cap off the 4" toilet drain, I notice a clear 1/2" piece of tube in the middle. I thought it might be some scrap dropped in during construction, so I reached in to pull it out. It wouldn't budge. After further...

Toilet bubbles, burps and does not drain properly [ 1 Answers ]

We are having intermittent trouble with the drains in our main bathroom. The initial culprit seems to be the toilet. When flushed, it will fill like it is clogged, then slowly drain out until it is almost empty and the water level is well below where it should be. It accompanies this with a lot...

Basement flooded now drain and toilet drain very slowly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Here's my issue. After a very heavy rain, my basement took in 4-6 in of water. It was coming in through the blue stone foundation like a water fall. I've gotten water before but never like this. Some time thereafter I noticed the drains and toilet draining very slowly. I tried plunging...

Steps to convert basement toilet drain to shower drain [ 2 Answers ]

I want to convert a basement toilet drain to a shower drain. Is it a job that a do it yourselfer can do? If no- who do I hire-a plumber or a contractor? What would be a high end estimate of the cost to hire someone in New York? Also, sitting on the floor about a foot directly in front of the...

View more questions Search