Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sfranc01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2013, 02:53 PM
    New sink hookup
    Just put in a new sink. Handyman hooked sink back together. Leaks at the gooseneck and when ran the garbage disposal, debris backed up into the other side and began spilling over from the straight pipe. Snake the drain but doesn't appear to be blockage
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2013, 03:06 PM
    Have him come back and fix.
    Sfranc01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2013, 03:09 PM
    Glad I didn't choose a site where people respond with completely useless answers.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 24, 2013, 05:12 PM
    I think the response is completely appropriate. You don't tell us anything except that it leaks and the handyman put it in. Obviously he mucked it up but with no information we can't tell what he did wrong. Further more it is his problem to fix.

Drain should not leak even if it is stopped up. Obviously the drain is blocked somewhere. If it is blocked in the trap or the trap arm you should be able to see it. If it not blocked in the trap or the arm then you must have not snaked far enough.

PS
    I don't think you will find any web site where people spend more time and effort trying to help other people. Keep in mind that we are all volunteers and we don't owe you a damn thing.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 24, 2013, 05:52 PM
    If you paid this guy to do the install he should come back at no charge. Harold is 100% spot on, you have several problems and some were actually caused by this handyman. It wiould be a little more help to avoid non-plumbing terms like goose neck and straight pipe, those are not plumbing terms so we can't picture what you mean. Do you mean the J trap?? This might help you http://homeguides.sfgate.com/fix-jtr...ink-36012.html or maybe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoAnNL3swuo
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2013, 06:21 PM
    I agree with Harold 100%.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need informationf for changing plumbing hookup at bathroom sink [ 5 Answers ]

When a friend removed the sink in my powder room he twisted the shut off valve to the point that I need to replace it. I need to know how to turn off the hot water at the hotwater heater so that I can cut the copper pipe and replace the shut off valve I have turned off the main valve to the house...

Plumbing for dishwasher hookup under sink with disposal [ 4 Answers ]

I have a kitchen sink with a disposal fitted beneath. My dishwasher is hooked up to the left of the sink but it keeps leaking from beneath, soaking the floor from below. It has been fixed a couple of times. It is now leaking again. I suspect that the drainage plumbing is incorrect and that the...

Hookup TV [ 2 Answers ]

How do I hookup my TV to DVD/VCR, Satellite, Cable? I can get the satellite and cable to work but not the DVD/VCR:confused:

View more questions Search