Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MART9038 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Low water pressure after replacing tub/shower faucet
    I recently changed my old twin-ell diverter spout tub faucet to a more modern shower head and ejector tee diverter type. I kept the twin-ell part and kept the shower head port plugged on the new faucet. I have very low water pressure now. If I take out the plug in the shower head port the pressure increases. Do I have to get rid of the twin-ell and connect the shower head to the port provided on the new faucet?
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 09:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MART9038
    I recently changed my old twin-ell diverter spout tub faucet to a more modern shower head and ejector tee diverter type. I kept the twin-ell part and kept the shower head port plugged on the new faucet. I have very low water pressure now. If I take out the plug in the shower head port the pressure increases. Do I have to get rid of the twin-ell and connect the shower head to the port provided on the new faucet?
    You do.

The twin ell you speak of is an antiquated Grohe specific part and is not designed to be used with other valves.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2007, 06:21 AM
    The newer faucets are ported smaller to restrict volume. By using the twin ell you restricted it even more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure at the shower/tub [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I have a serious problem in one of my bathrooms. The cold water pressure of the shower/tub is fine. But when I turned the knob towards the hot, the pressure drops all of a sudden, too low to take a hot shower. The sink 3 feet away has both excellent hot and cold water pressure. I suspect...

Low cold water pressure on shower faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Mixet shower faucet (MDXTR-5). In the last several months, the cold side of the faucet has been having a very low water pressure. The hot side has a good pressure. The house is 11 years old, and I've lived there just for a year, so I don't know for sure how old the faucet is. I found...

Low Pressure on Hot Water Side in two sided tub faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I am in escrow on a home, extremely well-maintained, 17-yr old home. The master has a jucuzzi style tub. The faucet has two knobs, one for hot, one for cold. The cold comes out fine. When the inspector turned on the hot water, the faucet leaked and the hot water pressure was low. He...

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

Low water pressure on cold side of shower faucet [ 3 Answers ]

What should I do (look for) to find out why the cold side of my shower faucet has developed VERY low water pressure, but not the hot side. The sink faucet in that same bathroom is fine on both sides. All other faucets in the house are fine on both sides. I don't have a hot water tank...

View more questions Search