Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdantzler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2013, 04:29 PM
    What do I do with a dangerous daughter?
    I have a 21 yr. who has done much much harm to me. EMS was out just 2 days ago and sheriff dept. I was on floor abused for 2nd time that week. My husband does not live here and could care less.

Every time she starts pushing shuffing, breaking things etc I call my husband begging for help from him. He never comes. If I can get to a phone which she normally cuts house phone lines and breaks my cell so I cannot call for help. EMS was here last and put one phone back together while helping me.

My husband comes in very rarely and I have to deal with a mentally deranged child. No one can help immediately. By law you cannot kick them out, (so I have been told) even at age 21. I am scared to death. We live in SC and this child is a college grad. But if my husband does not sign for her to leave, even though he's not here, 80%, I cannot get her out. I will probably be dead soon. She sees a Dr. for her mental illness but I am not being protected.I need help also.

I am begging for help.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 23, 2013, 08:51 PM
    Have her arrested and press charges. Why haven't you done that? Why hasn't she been arrested already?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Nov 24, 2013, 07:32 AM
    That's a good point. A 21 year old college graduate is quite capable of understanding handcuffs, assault charges, and consequences.

What mental health issues does she have, and how long has this gone on between the two of you. Has she been assessed by a Psychiatrist, and diagnosed? Is she supposed to be taking medication? Are there alcohol and drug problems with her?

Pressing charges will help. She will be forced to face what she has done, and you will be better prepared if you have a plan.

By that I mean, seek help in finding help for yourself, in how to deal with her. Maybe a women's shelter (who deal with all problems associated with an abuser), and seek advice on how to protect yourself, legally and otherwise. Your family Doctor may have some ideas and guidance for you as well.

I am Canadian, and don't know the insides of mental health laws there. I too had this same problem, and was directed by the police to have her issued a special order, by a Judge, to have her involuntarily committed for a period of 48 hours. This I did, and it was enough time to have her evaluated, by a Psychiatrist, and put back on track.

I have some hope for your daughter, because she has managed to reach a point in her life by being disciplined enough to get a degree, so she is also disciplined enough to manage her problems, with help.

You obviously cannot count on your husband, so take him out of the picture, and learn, through whatever resources are available to you there as I mentioned, how to protect yourself, and what options are available for you in order to be safe.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 24, 2013, 08:01 AM
    I agree that you have to have her arrested. The court will decide where she goes.
    (I'd stop calling your husband. That probably just adds to her anger, knowing it's futile.)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2013, 08:03 AM
    If husband will not help, file for divorce, and have daughter arrested.

Just call police and file changes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dangerous or not [ 7 Answers ]

Recently I spent the night constantly being woken up by the feeling that something was watching me. That was two nights ago. Last night (26/3/13) I was watching a movie when the TV started warping the image and sound. This has never happened before and the TV is brand new. Now this morning I have...

Is something DANGEROUS happening to me [ 6 Answers ]

Hey Gamed here Ok so 1 1/2 months ago I stopped boxing to start mixed martial arts. I've had to change my sleeping schedule because the pros I work with wake up at 6:00 p.m because their fights take place around 8:00 so this helps them be refreshed when the time comes. Anyway since I have...

Is it dangerous? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. We moved into a rental house that is approx. 5-6 years old a little over a month ago. There was a problem with the upstairs toilet and the landlord asked if we could remove it and set it in the garage and he would replace it with a new one. So we did that and put old towels in the hole until...

Dangerous . [ 96 Answers ]

What to do about people who constantly give dangerous advice and advice that could very well be deadly to someone? Besides reporting and giving disagrees? What else can be done?

How to handle my Teenage daughter with dangerous behavior [ 31 Answers ]

I have searched many sites looking for information on my daughter and how to handle her behavior. It seems as though our situation is not unique, but it is most definitely very, very serious. Allow me to summarize: My daughter is 17. Will be 18 in 5 months. After years and years and years...

View more questions Search