Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vick4hair Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2013, 03:19 PM
    Concrete slab - hot spots
    We live in NC and our house is a brick ranch. We are on a slab and our concrete floor out from the toilet is Hot to touch. (It actually burns my feet.. If I sit for awhile) do you know what may cause this? ( Hot water heater is in garage within 5ft on other side of wall)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2013, 04:50 PM
    Is the water meter running with everything turned off except the HW heater shutoff? Can you hear water running through the HW heater? Any leaks outside the slab? It does seem to indicate a break in the hot water line.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 24, 2013, 10:17 AM
    There is no doubt my mind! You have a leak in a hot water lines under the slab.
    Typically we will open up the slab, and replace the affected pipe. Be aware, that water will seek the path of least resistance. So you're the leak may not be added the hot spot. Keep us informed of your progress. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Poring concrete slab on top of old slab & then polishing it [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - we have an 11 year old polished concrete floor in our house. We did it ourselves after we removed a couple of walls. First we diamond sanded and then we put a polish on the floor. We also contacted a chemist and obtained a green paint so we ended up with green transparent polished concrete....

How do I fix precast concrete kerbs to a insitu concrete slab? [ 0 Answers ]

What is the best way of fixing precast concrete kerbs to an insitu concrete slab that is laid directly over an asphalt waterproofing / wearing course of a concrete decked car park?

Concrete Slab Poured Over Concrete Slab [ 1 Answers ]

I'm remodeling a large commercial building, +/- 100k s.f.. I'm attempting to provide a drive-thru into the existing facility by opening up the existing masonry walls to allow vehicles access pick up area and drive out with merchandise . The interior concrete slab on grade is 4-5" thk. which will...

Concrete slab for hot tube [ 1 Answers ]

How think should I make a concrete slab for a hot tub? Should I use any more stregthing in it then a metal screen/fence in bottom of pour?

Pouring interior concrete slab over existing, cracked concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I am turning part of my carport into a new living room. I am going to pour a concrete slab about 4 inches thick over the existing carport floor which is a concrete slab. The existing slab has a few cracks, the largest of which is about an 1/8in. Wide and raised about an 1/8in. What would be the...

View more questions Search