Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jesse Lindall Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2013, 09:10 AM
    New bathroom sink faucet
    I put in a new faucet because the water pressure kept getting lower. I replaced the 2 hoses and shutout valves and now there is no water to the sink. I need help
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 23, 2013, 09:38 AM
    Clean your aerator. Aerator is the removable piece on tip of the spout. Run water for few moments w/o it than reinstall. See if that helped. Back to you. Milo
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 23, 2013, 10:02 AM
    Is this a bath faucet or a kitchen faucet? If bath do you have water at the toilet and tub? If kitchen, do you have water at dishwasher?
    You said you replaced the stop valves. What kind of valves did you install, multi-turn, 1/4 turn or push/pull stop valves. If 1/4 turn or push/pull, move stop valves to the other position to insure that the valves are indeed in the open position.

Nov 23, 2013, 10:33 AM
    Yes, there is water to the toilet and tub.I already tested the valves like you said there seems to be no eater to the valve. ThanksTE=hkstroud;3589901]Is this a bath faucet or a kitchen faucet? If bath do you have water at the toilet and tub? If kitchen, do you have water at dishwasher?
    You said you replaced the stop valves. What kind of valves did you install, multi-turn, 1/4 turn or push/pull stop valves. If 1/4 turn or push/pull, move stop valves to the other position to insure that the valves are indeed in the open position.[/QUOTE]
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 23, 2013, 11:18 AM
    Assuming you have neither hot or cold water. It is not logical that you would have water to a tub and toilet and not have water to a stop valve of a near by lavatory faucet. Unless you have very old and corroded galvanized pipes, the pipe themselves do not get stopped up. While the flow and pressure of old galvanized pipes may be restricted, they seldom get completely blocked. As Milo pointed out, a blocked faucet aerator may be the problem but those seldom stop the flow completely.

If you have not already done so, I suggest you turn off the stop valves, remove the supply tubes to the faucet from the stop valves. Open the stop valve slightly to confirm whether water is reaching the stop valve.

You said that you replace the faucet because of decreasing pressure. A decreasing flow and pressure of both hot and cold can only be caused because by a blocked or partially blocked aerator. If you find that you do not have water out of the stop valves with the supply tubing remove, that and decreasing flow in the old faucet, indicates that something else is going on. The fact that you have water at a near by tub and toilet indicates that what ever that is, must be local, that is must be in the piping to the lavatory faucet.

Is the new faucet a two handle or a single lever faucet?
    Are the stop valves compression fit, screw on or solder fit stop valves?

Nov 23, 2013, 05:21 PM
    Even though I had checked the aerator when I put the new faucet in, I checked again after your last message and yep,there was a piece of the old faucet stemIt now works and I thank you very much for taking your time to help me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud View Post
    Assuming you have neither hot or cold water. It is not logical that you would have water to a tub and toilet and not have water to a stop valve of a near by lavatory faucet. Unless you have very old and corroded galvanized pipes, the pipe themselves do not get stopped up. While the flow and pressure of old galvanized pipes may be restricted, they seldom get completely blocked. As Milo pointed out, a blocked faucet aerator may be the problem but those seldom stop the flow completely.

If you have not already done so, I suggest you turn off the stop valves, remove the supply tubes to the faucet from the stop valves. Open the stop valve slightly to confirm whether water is reaching the stop valve.

You said that you replace the faucet because of decreasing pressure. A decreasing flow and pressure of both hot and cold can only be caused because by a blocked or partially blocked aerator. If you find that you do not have water out of the stop valves with the supply tubing remove, that and decreasing flow in the old faucet, indicates that something else is going on. The fact that you have water at a near by tub and toilet indicates that what ever that is, must be local, that is must be in the piping to the lavatory faucet.

Is the new faucet a two handle or a single lever faucet?
    Are the stop valves compression fit, screw on or solder fit stop valves?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom sink faucet 1960's [ 4 Answers ]

Trying to find fixtures for an old sink... perhaps 1960 or so... very small... the unique thing is the fixtures are mounted on the inside wall of the sink the part of the sink which is against the wall but on the inside of the sink.. not on top as you see now... anybody had any experience with...

Why my bathroom sink faucet not running [ 4 Answers ]

My batroom faucet stops running hot or cold water, Could it be an air lock?

Bathroom sink faucet [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace cartridge in Peerless two handle bathroom sink faucet.

Leaky bathroom vanity sink faucet [ 3 Answers ]

Each time I use my bathroom vanity sink faucet, and then turn it off, there is a steady stream that will linger for a while and then taper off to a steady drip before finally stopping after about 5 minutes or so. If I fool around with the faucet's handle I can get the drip to stop sooner. Where do...

Bathroom  faucet/sink [ 1 Answers ]

;D How to install a bathroom faucet and sink And shower faucets?

View more questions Search