Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janejech Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2013, 12:34 PM
    Are cpvc pipes acceptable to run water to new shower and sink?
    Are cpvc pipes acceptable for running water to a new shoerr and sink? If so, what size do you recommend. What do think about Quick Connect pieces?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 22, 2013, 12:47 PM
    Hi Jane

CPVC is fine for running hot and cold water to all plumbing fixtures.

1/2" CPVC should be adequate for the toilet, the shower and the sink unless you plan on having multiple shower heads and then 3/4" CPVC would be required from the shower all the way back to the 3/4" or larger hot and cold water source. 1/2" CPVC coming off the 3/4" would be fine to the sink and the toilet.

If you run 3/4" lines and want to utilize them as they are meant to be, be sure to purchase/install a shower valve with 3/4" inlets/ports, OK?

Back to you...

Mark
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2013, 06:15 PM
    By quick connect I will assume shark or Gator bite. When doing new install there is little need for them. They are expensive. For repair they are great. If you do use them they are not to be installed in concealed space (inside walls) .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My kitchen sink will run water through pipes when hose is hooked up but it will not d [ 1 Answers ]

My sink will run water through pipes when hose is hooked up to pipes but sink doesn't drain when filled with water.

Shower water only hot when tap in sink is run to hot. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, this is a little different to other problems on here! Recently our shower will not get hot, it will only get hot if we run the water in the sink to hot, then we can turn the sink tap off and have a hot shower. `it is about 5 year old. Please help us!! Thank you , Jules

Wrong cement used to join CPVC water pipes. [ 4 Answers ]

A few months ago, in our new addition, I plumbed an upstairs 3/4 bath in CPVC. I used purple primer (designated for PVC and CPVC) and used clear, medium bodied cement designated for PVC to make the joints. I just realized my error. The walls are still open. My question is, do I have to...

How to repair a leaky cpvc water line under the sink [ 1 Answers ]

Don't think joints of line have any threads, looks like a coupling just fits over the pipes. Help.l

View more questions Search