Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grizzbailey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2013, 09:44 AM
    Cracked shower pan in steam shower
    I have a steam shower that's over 40 years old. Everything works great but the shower drain pan is cracked from the wall to the drain. How do I replace the drain pan without damaging the marble Marlite walls?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 22, 2013, 10:51 AM
    What is the pan made from? Are there any signs of water damage below the shower?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 22, 2013, 06:37 PM
    I'm assuming that you have a plastic or fiberglass shower floor.
    Am I correct? If you don't wish to replace the floor, they make plastic and fiberglass repair kits if you tell me what you have I was see if I can help. Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Tiled Shower - cracked grout between shower wall and pan [ 4 Answers ]

I just spent 10K on labor alone to remodel my master bath. I purcahsed all Hand made tiles (Walker Zanger) and the contractor came highly recommended... After less than one month of use (and I did seal the shower walls and floor with a very good sealer), I noticed a hairline crack in the Grout...

Stand up shower cracked pan [ 3 Answers ]

I have a cracked shower basin. It looks like it was caused by the drain being off center. So it is cracked on the high side about an inch away from the drain. Is there something that I can do to fix the crack or do I need to by a new basin. It has already started to leak.

Have a fiberglass shower pan that is cracked and want to install a new one. [ 1 Answers ]

I have not taken the tub liner out yet but am having a difficult time removing the drain. Do I tear the liner out first or somehow unscrew the drain. This appears to be a 32 x 48 liner. The walls are tile above the liner.

Replacing a cracked plastic shower pan [ 1 Answers ]

Should have known there was more to it :confused: I'm trying to replace a plastic shower pan I believe was placed/inserted over tile from the pervious homeowner (Not sure) I have removed the shower door and removed the caulk surrounding the pan, I have also removed the drain cap but not the...

My shower drain is raised above the shower pan by 3/16" causing standing water [ 2 Answers ]

I have a fiberglass shower stall where the bottom has either slumped or the stall was installed wrong to begin with (it has no support beneath the surface that I stand on). The drain sticks above the level line so I have about 3/16" of standing water. I cannot easily access the bottom from the...

View more questions Search