Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DelanaCar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2013, 10:45 AM
    Can I replace an overmount sink in an existing Corian countertop?
    We're moving into a home that has a kitchen sink which is not configured the way I'd like. I want to replace it with a dual sink. However, the sink is overmounted onto a Corian countertop. Is this a DIY project or would we have to call a professional?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2013, 10:50 AM
    What type of sink and how affixed to the countertop?
    DelanaCar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2013, 10:26 AM
    It's white porcelain and appears to be affixed with putty. We haven't investigated it thoroughly, yet, as we're just buying this house. We wanted to see if this was even possible before we start making plans to change it out.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 18, 2013, 11:23 AM
    Yes it's possible and not hard. Corian can be cut with a jigsaw or plunge router.
    Then there's the width of the cabinet under it... usually only 2 - 5" wider than the sink.
    And if there's a dishwasher directly next to it, then the wider sink has to go all the way to the other side.
    And if it's positioned in the middle of a window...

There's an old saying about buying a house: live in it for 6 months before starting the renovations.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2013, 02:43 PM
    We don't know your skill level but I would consider this 2-3 hammers on a scale of 4. You may have to enlarge the opening or move things a bit but totally DIY possible. Silicone or bath siliconized acrylic caulk to seal. Use the flange mounted connectors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corian countertop and sink overflow drain [ 1 Answers ]

My home is under contract and they just completed a home inspection. The inspector filled up the corian sink to the level of the sink overflow drain hole and the solf drain pipe leaked at the connection to the main sink drain. I tried putting a clamp on the connection, however that did not work....

Can you cut a hole for new sink in corian countertop? [ 3 Answers ]

The finish is gone in the corian sink countertop in my bathroom. Except for the sink the corian is in good shape. Can I cut out the sink and replace it? Or do I need to just remove the whole thing? The sink is stained, scratched and ugly, can't be cleaned by any amount of scrubbing.

Cutting away a section of existing Corian countertop [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, We just bought a house with Corian countertops. The way the countertops are now, there is a hole cut in the top for a drop-in cooktop and it has a separate oven underneath. We'd like to use a regular range/oven stove. Can the section of corian with the hole in it for the cooktop (plus...

How to replace cracked kitchen sink in corian countertop [ 1 Answers ]

Replacing a kitchen sink in a corian countertop. The sink doesn't appear to be corian but is installed from underneath and butts up to the corian almost seamlessly. Need to replace with stainless steel sink and wonder if this is advisable as a DIY effort, since there are no corian experts nearby...

How do I cut existing Corian countertop [ 6 Answers ]

I purchased a replacement stove top. The opening in the counter is about 3/4 of an inch too small :( How can I cut the existing Corian countertop. My thoughts are: circular saw with a fine tooth blade, such as for cutting plywood. But I think this would generate great amounts of smoke etc. Or,...

View more questions Search