Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tictactoe Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2013, 05:24 PM
    How do I choose a good therapist
    I need some counseling I think. Just a way for me to get my feelings out that I've had for many years on issues. What should I do. Things are coming out please help
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 14, 2013, 05:35 PM
    Make a list of, say, five therapists you are willing to travel to on a weekly basis. Now comes the tough part. Call each one and do an interview. Have a list of at least five questions you will ask each one. Carry on a conversation too, meanwhile, if you can, with some friendly chat. Mark the therapist list after each call as to G = good or A = average or P = poor as to how you felt about that phone call and how you and the therapist related to each other.

You may end up talking with a receptionist. Ask to have the therapist call you back. Or at least assess the receptionist's customer-service style by asking her the questions on your list. (The receptionist will reflect the mood of the entire office.)
    Tictactoe Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2013, 08:16 PM
    Thanks a lot. That's reay helpful !
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Make a list of, say, five therapists you are willing to travel to on a weekly basis. Now comes the tough part. Call each one and do an interview. Have a list of at least five questions you will ask each one. Carry on a conversation too, meanwhile, if you can, with some friendly chat. Mark the therapist list after each call as to G = good or A = average or P = poor as to how you felt about that phone call and how you and the therapist related to each other.

You may end up talking with a receptionist. Ask to have the therapist call you back. Or at least assess the receptionist's customer-service style by asking her the questions on your list. (The receptionist will reflect the mood of the entire office.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who should I choose the good guy or the bad guy?. Please help! [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 16 and I've had a lot of boyfriends. Not because of wrong things because I'm not sure what I really want and at times I get confused. I like bad boys Yu know the drug dealer, gang bangin type but I want a good guy because the good guys treat me right but they are so boring. So I tlk to 2 guys...

In love with two man - don't know what to do, who to choose and how to choose? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 30 year old woman and I think that I love two men at the same time and I don't know what to do. About 7 years ago I met man no.1, we had a more or less happy relationship although I have to say that every now and then I had doubts that he is the one I want to spend my life with, and the one...

How do you choose good hip hop music? [ 2 Answers ]

I love music very much. Therefore I'm always looking for good music from the internet. Can any one tell how do people think about music, which is good?

How to choose good place to start a toy store [ 5 Answers ]

Dear friends, I am writing to ask your kind help. I have worked in toy field for six years and especially know many about plush toy. Now I want to start a toy store by myself, the aim age is 0-12. But I worry about whether I can choose a good place, please give me some advice how to find a good...

View more questions Search